130 link chain on a 66 tooth HEELLPPP???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

ERDMANN is an unknown quantity at this point
130 link chain on a 66 tooth HEELLPPP???

I just got a 66 tooth rear sprocket for my 2001 F4i, stock length is 112 , now i am going up 20 in the rear, so my question is will the 130 link cahin i just bought fit WORK??????? bacause if i do my math up 20 teeth wouldnt that be up 20 links???????? do i have enough chain?????? PLEASEE HEELLP!!!!!!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: 130 link chain on a 66 tooth HEELLPPP???

that sounds right......i think you will be a few links short

maybe you can move your wheel forward enough to make up for it ,or maybe go down in the front,but thats gonna be alot of gear....
Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger
that sounds right......i think you will be a few links short

maybe you can move your wheel forward enough to make up for it ,or maybe go down in the front,but thats gonna be alot of gear....
Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

CRAP! thats what i was thouhgt and was worried about, and i think going one down will be just too much bite on the chain????????????, and overall just to much gearing??????????????????
Old 02-13-2007, 04:33 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I think 66t alone is almost too much gearing, forget about going down in the front!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

i need to find some one that sells links of bigger than a 130 chain, HUH? but where is the question, damn what did i get my self into
i just wanted more gearing to help with stalling to help with learnin circles
Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I think 66t alone is almost too much gearing, forget about going down in the front!
i really dont want to and wont go down in the front with that big of a rear sprocket
Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

130 link is plenty, my 60 tooth used 118 links, f4i also
Old 02-13-2007, 05:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

you could use two masters and use some links off your old chain....
Old 02-13-2007, 05:17 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by *IRONLUNG*
130 link is plenty, my 60 tooth used 118 links, f4i also
cool ....there you go
Old 02-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Stuntriding saves lives!

cool ....there you go
WOW HELL YA YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!:YEAH Going to go put it on tonight and then hit the spot, THANKS GUYS
Old 02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vspice24
WOW HELL YA YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!:YEAH Going to go put it on tonight and then hit the spot, THANKS GUYS
be careful, I cut one link short the first time and had to get another chain.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

learning the clutch is free! if u took the time to learn to use it, you wouldn't have chain issues or stalling issues
Old 02-13-2007, 06:08 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

F4i- should never use bigger than 60 teeth.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
learning the clutch is free! if u took the time to learn to use it, you wouldn't have chain issues or stalling issues
well ya you got me there, i have been trying to comfortable enough to use it just trying different feelin, but it feels alot smoother i had a 520 -1 +6 set up that came on the bike but tonight the 525 feels way smoother, and what use the clutch *** like a way to kinda slow down than use *** almost a throttle to get you going again by featherin the clutch????????? thanks
Old 02-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

Originally Posted by Herb
F4i- should never use bigger than 60 teeth.
just not needed? mechanical issues ? i does feel like the 525 is smoother than the 520 ??? glad i changed only did like four runs real quick didnt have the damn tool for the master link for an ek chain
Old 02-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

FYI so if anyone runs into this i cut like five off going up 20 in the back on a 130 link chain
Old 02-14-2007, 02:08 AM
also known as OMR

run any gear you want , you will get use to it

i run a **** load of gear on a 636 and it doesn't need it either but its what i got and im use to it.......just gotta be able to take the **** some people will give you for running big gear....lol
Old 02-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Stuntriding saves lives!

run any gear you want , you will get use to it

i run a **** load of gear on a 636 and it doesn't need it either but its what i got and im use to it.......just gotta be able to take the **** some people will give you for running big gear....lol
haha thats no joke i've seen em like over 72 on a 530 would like to ride just to get the feel of that set up to, its like chicks i guess the more u ride the better the experience, or somethin like that is a theory of mine,
Old 02-14-2007, 02:29 AM
also known as OMR

sounds like a good theory to me can i get in on the case study ?

riding the women i mean.....

Quick Reply: 130 link chain on a 66 tooth HEELLPPP???