Hydro-Locked Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:57 PM

Wetley is an unknown quantity at this point
Hydro-Locked Help

My bike was sittin upside down running for a good 30 seconds or so (i got hit by some chick) before i could get up and turn it off. I flipped it back up right and went to fire it...hydro-locked. So its been about a month, and i just now have time to work on it. I pulled the plugs and they're covered in oil...theres even oil all through the threads up to the seat of the plug. i wiped em off and sanded em a bit to try and get some shiny spots back just to run it. i know i need new plugs, but i just want to see if it'll run for me. it spins over now, but pops ever 5 rpms or so...lots of white smoke which i expected....is the poppin normal? should i just keeep turning it over till it fires? take it to a mechanic? what to do?
Old 01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Hydro-Locked Help

god, u shoulda asked here first.. u're supposed to take out the plugs and crank the motor over, let all the oil shoot out....
Old 01-22-2007, 06:04 PM

oh no. i did that. i cranked it till all the o il stopped squirting out
Old 01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

then just run that bitch till it starts! sounds like u mixed up your plug wires to, make sure u got them hooked up all right.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:08 AM

thats what i thought too so i double checked and they're all on the right cylinder. and the poppings fuckling loud. one of my buddies said i might have a bent valve *sigh*
Old 01-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

haha yeah, might wanna post up for a new 900rr head lol
Old 01-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, you may have wasted it when you tried to start it before you pulled the plugs. It's bad news. First off, with those plugs, clean them with a bunch of oven cleaner or PJ1 contact cleaner if you can get it. Also if you can get one of the vaccuum pumps try to see how much you more oil you can get out of the thing. If it was upside down for that long they're probably VERY full. Last run a compression test, if there's a bent valve you'll know it then.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Scrapes Elbow

u can rent a compression tester at autozone.... its a simple psi guage that has a sparkplug end that u screw into the head and turn the bike over, you should be arround 160-190psi
Old 01-23-2007, 10:27 PM

a claims adjuster came by and long story short, my bikes in the shop...so keep your fingers crossed that the insurance comapny fixes it and doesnt just salvage it and then i have to deal with that BS
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 AM

Raider9170 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck, I do the damage estimates at my shop and if it has cosmetic damage ANd it won't run....call it gone. As a 98 I would be VERY surprised if they don't total it. 9 times out of 10 the parts nearly total it then add in the INSANE flat rate prices for work and it is bad news.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:12 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

that's perfect, let them total it, and then they'll offer for you to buy it back, you'll get it for CHEAP, and pick up a new head, and u have a stunt bike.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
that's perfect, let them total it, and then they'll offer for you to buy it back, you'll get it for CHEAP, and pick up a new head, and u have a stunt bike.

thats what i was thinking. let the make it a salvaged title, let them pay me for it, buy it back (it never leaves my possesion, right?), fix the motor all quick style, call it done....i got 99 900rr so i was jsut gonna take parts off that and part out the 99 anyone need parts? LOL
Old 01-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Scrapes Elbow

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZ6179ryan

900rr head
Old 01-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest

that one is 93-96, mines a 98
Old 01-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Scrapes Elbow

i don't think that matters, but then again i do not know...
Old 01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't waste your time cleaning spark plugs... always get new ones. Cleaning plugs that fire on motors that rev upto 12k RPM's, not worth trying to clean them. Get new plugs, and put fresh gasoline in there. Before you start it make sure you clean out the butterflies inside your carbs as well. Start your bike the air filter off and tank up so you can get plenty of clean air down in there. Once it's started run the **** out of it. Hopefully the shop fixes it. GL
Old 01-25-2007, 05:48 AM

i was just trying to see if i could get it fired or not not really to run it.the shop got it to fire in a few minutes, so thats cool. runs like ****, but i dont think they ran it enough to clean out the cyliners cuz when iw as there it still had white smoke. found out she bent my front rim too ()*&@#)(*&#(*&$! ! ! ! !