arrrgh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:09 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
arrrgh!!!

ok so i finally got me a real bike. so i thought. i've had nothing but problems with my gixxer, and i've seen alot of **** break, so upon checking out this f4i i noticed a little puddle of oil and asked the dude about it, he says its just the cover, i ask him specifically its not the block is it? i have seen numerous cases where the motor itself cracks and there is a bolt broken off, **** it happened with my gixxer and pissed me off so much, nothing is worse than having to buy a new tube of silicone gasket maker every week and getting oil all over your shoe and wheel. so today i'm all stoked my local dealership has the cover in stock for a cheaper price than ebay, and i go to take off the old one and notice i only remove 7 bolts instead of 8, sure as **** one of em is broken off, and i notice 2 hairline cracks on each side of the block itself,
so i'm starting to feel pissed off but luckily i have a set of easy out bits, so i start drillin and start removing the ****** and the bottom chunk completely comes off and now after taking a really good look at it i can see its jbwelded.
i called him up and he doesnt speak english very well so his buddy talks to me and starts telling me all this **** like oh well you started it up and it didnt knock so the motor must be fine a sale is a sale as is, and i told him him and his friend are a fukin liar, so i wanna go beat his ***, but after thinking about it i realize that the responsible thing to do would be to take him to small claims court. because yep, you guessed it, "he doesnt have the money now"
and its only been 2 days. so a refund is apparently out of the question.
should i take him to court? will court solve it? do lemon laws apply to such a thing? or will the judge tell me a private sale is a private sale and such a situation only applies to an actual dealer? or should i just try to cut my losses and talk to a welder? will a welder be able to fix it? i know this is a problem that has happened to TONS of people so i really appreciate everybodys help on this matter i need to figure out what to do to get this resolved there are too many options for me to pick from and sorry for the long *** paragraph....
Old 01-20-2007, 08:38 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: arrrgh!!!

That was the longest bull **** ever with 20 million questions asked, God Damn!
Old 01-20-2007, 08:40 PM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave you should move this to the main forum, it aint gonna get **** for replys in here.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:53 PM
brabuhburbuh

eh i'll send it over to the open discussion
Old 01-21-2007, 12:25 PM

Snipes20 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you r goin to court the judge will polly say that its a buyer beware market. and when you tell the judge that you asked he will oviously deny it. weldin it will be cheap and it will fix the problem, then you can take all the recipts to court with you if you decide to sue him (with dates on them) and show that the bike was not was it was said to be
Old 01-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn son you got the shiity end of the stick yo and I really don't think that any thing in court will help.It was sold as is no warranty.A welder will be able ta fix it no prob for cheap.Get it welded and ride the **** outta it :YEAH
Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 PM
brabuhburbuh

Originally Posted by Reeff
Damn son you got the shiity end of the stick yo and I really don't think that any thing in court will help.It was sold as is no warranty.A welder will be able ta fix it no prob for cheap.Get it welded and ride the **** outta it :YEAH
yeah i was out at the spot catchin idle and gettin it down to like 12 mph, lol, but i fear rattraping and then busting my fancy new stator cover
Old 01-22-2007, 10:38 PM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd sell ya an FI cage for that beast But ya don't like um
Old 01-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

who buys a f4i from some one who can't speak english, judge will ask u if u had a certified mech look at it, if not sale is a sale... now a good tig welder can fix that **** ez
Old 02-05-2007, 07:36 PM

fiddyslut is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm a welder. that **** can be fixed pretty easy and cheap. but you know... eye for an f4i... think about it
Old 02-15-2007, 12:34 AM

RealHimura is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the exact same problem many many years ago with an F3. I sanded over the cracks, bought some pricey epoxy and solved the problem. It worked awesome for a year and a half, then my bike was stolen...
The tig welding will be waaaay better and dirt cheap. My advice, donīt waste time on the court, get it welded and go ride asap. As for the seller, man, you don't even have to do anything to him. If the money was gone in two days it's evident this guy is already out of luck and fucked off.