Im very scared at this point...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Relentless Dedication..

YellowGixxer is a decent person
Im very scared at this point...

ok...so there was a ticking noise coming from the motor...sounded like valves or maybe my cam chain tensoner...well i've tooken my clutch apart..its fine...i looked at my cct...its fine...What problems do the 2005 gsxr 600s have that would cause this?? or what do you think it could be??its a ticking noise that you hear at 3,000 rpms and higher..the higher the motor revs the faster the ticking gets!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:58 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Im very scared at this point...

hhhmmm sounds bad....
cut open your oil filter if there is a bunch of stuff in ther then you got the gsxr wheelie limiter
Old 01-11-2007, 07:01 PM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by old man roger
hhhmmm sounds bad....
cut open your oil filter if there is a bunch of stuff in ther then you got the gsxr wheelie limiter
Old 01-11-2007, 07:04 PM
You seen Philo Beddoe?

og ryan lee is an unknown quantity at this point

drain the oil - if it looks like your sisters sparkly nail polish then you got the suzuki anti-stunt device
Old 01-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Relentless Dedication..

hhhmmm sounds bad....
what are you guys talking about??? what would cause this
Old 01-11-2007, 07:27 PM

stuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud ofstuntrider227 has much to be proud of

metal shavings in the engine from engine starving for oil
Old 01-11-2007, 07:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by YellowGixxer
what are you guys talking about??? what would cause this
lack of oil causing the bearings to be destroyed

its just a geuss untill you check your oil filter
Old 01-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Relentless Dedication..

lack of oil causing the bearings to be destroyed

its just a geuss untill you check your oil filter
i got a stunex oil pickup tube..
Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 AM

charkly is a decent person

If you need an engine-I have a MINT 05 750 engine-bolts right in, all youll need are my TB's and computer-harness/gauges/etc all interchange. 500 plus shipping!
Old 01-12-2007, 03:58 AM

charkly is a decent person

Or, join my site and its 400

deathwishcustoms.com

Mike
Old 01-12-2007, 04:59 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

"sounds" like cam chain...how manny miles you have on it? you can't always see the chain is overextended...I didn't see mine was on the lower sprocket, but saw it didn't lay good on the upper ones (cam shaft)...
Old 01-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

lol u examined your CCT? what the hell were u looking for? either A: buy a manual one and see if that fixes your problem or B: bounce your bike off the rev limiter till the bitch seizes and slap in a new motor, make sure to drain oil and look for metal shavings on the oil pan bolt tip and drain oil into a large pan so the level is really low so u can inspect for copper-ish looking shavings.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:52 AM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

Your bearings are going. Buy another motor now and beat the ***** out of the one you have until it blows. Been there I even went as far as changing the cam chain and the motor still blew.

Sell it and buy a Honda
Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM

TryphStunter is an unknown quantity at this point

ok...so there was a ticking noise coming from the motor...sounded like valves or maybe my cam chain tensoner...well i've tooken my clutch apart..its fine...i looked at my cct...its fine...What problems do the 2005 gsxr 600s have that would cause this?? or what do you think it could be??its a ticking noise that you hear at 3,000 rpms and higher..the higher the motor revs the faster the ticking gets!

it might be your your valve lifters/followers whatever you want to call them. or the lobes on the cam. either can wear and start ticking
Old 01-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Relentless Dedication..

Originally Posted by bruno_z
"sounds" like cam chain...how manny miles you have on it? you can't always see the chain is overextended...I didn't see mine was on the lower sprocket, but saw it didn't lay good on the upper ones (cam shaft)...
like 12 or 13 thosand so everyone is thinking new motor?? gayyy!!!!!!! im going to find out tomarrow morning at 9am..me and a friend are tearing into it...hes very good at working on motorycles so i guess we will see i will let yall know!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

dude, we all told u check your ****** oil lol. how good do u have to be at working on bike to do that...
Old 01-12-2007, 01:33 PM
also known as OMR

i got a stunex oil pickup tube..
well then....hhhhmmmm....

i would still cut open the filter and see if there is any bearing material in there....

aluminium or babbit will not stick to the drain plug magnet nor will the brass colored material these are all bearing material,thats why i keep telling you to cut open your filter and look in there...

just looking at the oil can be a little tricky because your clutch and trany will make it glittery looking even under normal wear and tear but big chunks of stuff would be an obvious sign of damage
Old 01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Scrapes Elbow

don't waste your time, hes just going to let his buddy handle it.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Relentless Dedication..

well then....hhhhmmmm....

i would still cut open the filter and see if there is any bearing material in there....

aluminium or babbit will not stick to the drain plug magnet nor will the brass colored material these are all bearing material,thats why i keep telling you to cut open your filter and look in there...

just looking at the oil can be a little tricky because your clutch and trany will make it glittery looking even under normal wear and tear but big chunks of stuff would be an obvious sign of damage
ok sweet but i wont have time to do any of this til tomarrow morning...wheeliest..dont be a rude bitch...no sense in it!! these guys are trying to help me and are doing a good job and your just being a cu nt Nut so please do me and everyone else a favor and don't speak anymore!
and since you won't have a come back you might try to say..learn how to spell or something about my grammer...i could give a **** less this isnt english class
Old 01-12-2007, 02:02 PM
also known as OMR

i think this thread may have just takin a turn for the worst ahahaha

Quick Reply: Im very scared at this point...