what kind of oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 01:45 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: what kind of oil

they are probably using car oil
Old 01-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Brad05636 is an unknown quantity at this point

so a wet clutch application is not as slippry and does not cause teh clutch slip. and amsoil makes a synthetic wet clutch application oil.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:49 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

stock factory oil has never let me down
Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 PM

so another question i hear soem peoepl use 10/40 and some use 10/50 is it just personal preferance or is one better that the other for the bike.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:53 PM

also whyare many people putting in an extra quart
Old 01-03-2007, 01:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hot weather and stunting for hours ....thicker the better
an extra guart can cause trouble..... i fill mine just to the top of the site window maybe a little past,its done so when your doing long wheelies the bike doesnt starve for oil
Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM

so basically just will to teh top line of teh glass window i did think taht a quart over was a bit excessive. i do beat the hell outta my bike so i should go with the 20/50
Old 01-03-2007, 02:05 PM

usually i run about 1/2 a qt over and change my oil to the riding conditions.10-40 in the colder months and 20-50 in the hot summer days.most of it is all personal preference or experience.basically this what i run for fluids in my stunt bikes( stock factory oil and filter,engine ice for coolant, and galfer super dot 4 brake fluid. ) i've had best results using these.and never ever use any clutch outside of the stock clutch pack,trust me
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 PM

yea def i do agree stock clutches are so much stonger
Old 01-03-2007, 02:12 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Brad05636
so basically just will to teh top line of teh glass window i did think taht a quart over was a bit excessive. i do beat the hell outta my bike so i should go with the 20/50
not just to the top line..
actually to the top of the sight window or a little past, so you have to tip the bike a little to see the level
Old 01-03-2007, 02:14 PM

so basicall if u put it on its kickstand teh oil is to teh top of teh window. where if it were up straight it would sit a bit about teh glass.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by `04 gixxerpimp
If your clutch is slipping it either needs adjustment or you need a new clutch.
Actually fully synthetic can make your clutch slip..

Sure your clutch may be 'nearly slipping' before you put the synthetic in.. but it can make a nearly bad clutch, bad..

I put full synthetic bike oil in my f4i, clutch started slipping like hell. I coudlen't get it in the air in second, and first it was almost like a power wheelie when I dumped the clutch cause it slipped..

I went back to cheap *** super tech, adn it quit slipping..

Now I just run cheap *** mobile clean 5000... $2.22 a quart
Old 01-03-2007, 02:19 PM

stand the bike up strait and fill it to the top of the glass.that is about 1/2 qt over.and never use car oil.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:19 PM

what synthetic was it i am just curios about what to use and what not to use ya know
Old 01-03-2007, 02:20 PM

i would never put car oil in my bike
Old 01-03-2007, 02:21 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Brad05636
so basicall if u put it on its kickstand teh oil is to teh top of teh window. where if it were up straight it would sit a bit about teh glass.
that would probably be too much and your clearly not understanding me ...bike up straight ....top of sight glass
Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I got to the top of the site glass from now on, My vent tube is ran to the front neck of my bike so I don't get oil in the airbox at times, well in revlimiter stuff on the back tire it will spray you with oil if it is overfilled to much... Found out the hard way, just over the top of the site glass is the money!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:25 PM

ok i got ya now sorry
Old 01-03-2007, 02:54 PM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Actually fully synthetic can make your clutch slip..

Sure your clutch may be 'nearly slipping' before you put the synthetic in.. but it can make a nearly bad clutch, bad..

I put full synthetic bike oil in my f4i, clutch started slipping like hell. I coudlen't get it in the air in second, and first it was almost like a power wheelie when I dumped the clutch cause it slipped..

I went back to cheap *** super tech, adn it quit slipping..

Now I just run cheap *** mobile clean 5000... $2.22 a quart
Good point. Did you use wet clutch approved oil? Car oil definantly would cause what your talking about. I dont use full synthetic. i thought it was to thin the first and only time i used it. The golden spec is blended synthetic and doesnt seem to thin.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:07 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Motul 5100

Quick Reply: what kind of oil