Change my tire myself ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 01:20 AM

adrynalinjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Change my tire myself ?

Well I have changed a million dirtbike tires and I now have a set of race take offs that I need to mount on my stunt only F4i. Is it possible to do with tire irons? Or would I screw the rim up?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:24 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Change my tire myself ?

its easy

you will be fine
Old 11-28-2006, 01:46 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone have a link to the "van tire change vid"?
Old 11-28-2006, 01:53 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

race take offs are gabage, except for maybe rears for burnouts imo.

I use a couple wide nail pullers/pry bars and a board(2X8 but 2x4 would probably work to).. deflate tires, take off sprocket and rotors, lay one on a mat of some kind, and put the end of the board on top of the tire so it'll miss the rim. then jump on or if it won't budge drive your car up the board. pop. finish off the bead by hand or feet. flip it over. repeat the above and then pull the tire off. then make sure the direction is right on the new tires, line the dots up(if new) with the valves, and have fun workin the tires on

oh and don't forget the front rotors are directional too
Old 11-28-2006, 02:00 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
race take offs are gabage, except for maybe rears for burnouts imo.

I use a couple wide nail pullers/pry bars and a board(2X8 but 2x4 would probably work to).. deflate tires, take off sprocket and rotors, lay one on a mat of some kind, and put the end of the board on top of the tire so it'll miss the rim. then jump on or if it won't budge drive your car up the board. pop. finish off the bead by hand or feet. flip it over. repeat the above and then pull the tire off. then make sure the direction is right on the new tires, line the dots up(if new) with the valves, and have fun workin the tires on

oh and don't forget the front rotors are directional too
ive actualy like race takeoff's more than any other tires...

my best set was dunlop 208's
Old 11-28-2006, 02:08 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
ive actualy like race takeoff's more than any other tires...

my best set was dunlop 208's
race tires are only made for one heat cycle... they heat up and stick like glue, once... then when they cool off they're hard as rocks... tirewarmers only purpose is to keep race tires from cooling down between moto's
Old 11-28-2006, 02:15 AM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chirpin4th
thats what im looking for
works like a charm everytime
stunt bike tires dont need to be balanced
Old 11-28-2006, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by BobbyL
thats what im looking for
works like a charm everytime
stunt bike tires dont need to be balanced
nope, gearing and tire balancing are kinda oxymoronical
Old 11-28-2006, 02:40 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chirpin4th

http://media.putfile.com/tyre-change

this is how i learned to do my ****, its actually not that bad either, i ****ed up one tire that was like 3 years old, cracked the bead...
but for the most part, half hour to an hour tops is all ull need

dont drive over ur rim
Old 11-28-2006, 02:52 AM

chirpin4th is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4ibry

this is how i learned to do my ****, its actually not that bad either, i ****ed up one tire that was like 3 years old, cracked the bead...

dont drive over ur rim
right on :YEAH
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i bought 2 3$ dirt bike tire spoons at honda dealer and stole a piece of square metal tubing they use to creight bikes and i simply lay that on to the bead and hop onto it to pop the bead then use soapy water in a spray bottle n spray heavily, and when u put on a new tire try and use lots of soapy water so its easier to set the bead
Old 11-28-2006, 04:52 PM

BURN is an unknown quantity at this point

Try using a spade shovel to break the bead. the shovels that have the straight edge. thats what i use. just put it close to the edge of the rim them use your weight. you have to do it a few time around the tire to break it down
Old 11-28-2006, 07:00 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by f4ibry

dont drive over ur rim
Haven't payed for a tire change since i saw that too
Old 11-28-2006, 07:12 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

Chris at stuntragz had the "Bead Braker" to change tires, but he took if off the shop.
Send him a E-mail and ask if he still has one in stock http://www.stuntragz.com/?p=p_6&sName=contact%20us
Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Senior Moderators

GSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of lightGSWITCH33 is a glorious beacon of light

I've always changed my own tires, The one time I had someone do it for me on a tire stand they cracked my rim. I think the van thing was a little over done, but hey whatever works!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:07 AM

adrynalinjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx all, I knew I wasn't the only cheap a$$ around here.

The take offs are Dunlop 209GP's. Not doing circles yet so I should be fine, only $25 for the pair, so what the hell.

What are you running for psi in the rear?
Old 11-29-2006, 03:48 AM

J-cheezy is a decent person

I just put my rim on 2 boards and take a friiends bike and put the kickstand on the tire and push down on the bike and it breaks the tire down in seconds
Old 11-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Not guilty

villa76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to beholdvilla76 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah just slap it on who cares bout the damn rim
Old 11-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BURN
Try using a spade shovel to break the bead. the shovels that have the straight edge. thats what i use. just put it close to the edge of the rim them use your weight. you have to do it a few time around the tire to break it down
we use a shovel... it has the pointy end on it though... if it's not working then it's time to drive over the tyre with the car. They're easiest to change when they're burnouted off though

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:34 AM

crazy900RR is an unknown quantity at this point

or you could get a manual tire changer setup for like $120 and chance your own tires in about 10 minutes. Then when your boys need their tires changed charge them 3 bucks a pop until it's paid for. Not a bad investment realy and you don't have to worry about trashing your rim.