front end making a creaking noise..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 04:14 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about
Re: front end making a creaking noise..

I know it's already been said but I got this same noise before. rebuilt and rechecked everything on the front end.. It was still there. Finally I traced it to the cage motor mount bolts. Think back if this started happening right after you dropped it or just over normal time they can lossen up by themselves. They will make that creaking noise when pulling endo's or under very hard breaking. I spent a whole weekend tracing it down. Just at least check them first and torque them back down and try it before going through all the trouble. A 1/4 turn will allow them to make a hella racket with the alumn/steel/aulmin/ creak.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:03 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

my **** creaks like a mother fukka...

tightended a lot of **** and said ****it.....id tighten the motor mount bolts but my cage is a lil stuck on right now...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:45 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 1ST GEAR
I know it's already been said but I got this same noise before. rebuilt and rechecked everything on the front end.. It was still there. Finally I traced it to the cage motor mount bolts. Think back if this started happening right after you dropped it or just over normal time they can lossen up by themselves. They will make that creaking noise when pulling endo's or under very hard breaking. I spent a whole weekend tracing it down. Just at least check them first and torque them back down and try it before going through all the trouble. A 1/4 turn will allow them to make a hella racket with the alumn/steel/aulmin/ creak.
Hah, I haven't tightened the side motor mount bolts since that wreck. I'll check that tonight, thanks!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:22 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

99% sure.. mine creaks all the time... but I practice hard so I tend to drop it at least once a session

Let us know how it goes mang!
Old 01-20-2007, 02:32 AM

f4izzy is an unknown quantity at this point

i have recently put on a 954 front and after a couple days of trinna stoppie it started feeling like there was anti lock brakes and the front would shake violently under hard braking and even when i tried to do rolling burnouts.. i checked the rotors for runout and it was between .002"-.005", didn't think that was enough to consider the rotors warped so i replaced the front pads. thought it went away but later in the day it started shaking again. any thoughts. imma try to do the realigning the forks tonite.