Need your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:32 AM

DerekS is an unknown quantity at this point
Need your opinion

alright heres the deal..

Bought a f3 the other day for cheap as hell, bogged once or twice when i test drove it for 1/2 hour or so. So i went and bought it, weather was to sh*ty to drive it for a couple days, when i decided to go ride it it bogged horribly. Air filter and gas filter were plugged so i got new ones. bog got a little less so i took it in to a motorcycle shop in town here thats usually legit.

He tells me its the fuel filter so he replaces it... i take it still bogs but not as bad(not in 1st gear but if i get on it in 2nd and 3rd it bogs horribly and gets to the point of where it turns off sometimes).. it was about 35degrees when i took it out after he fixed it, so i took it back.. couple days later i go back he said he test drove it in 35 degree weather day and said it didnt bog at all and that the problem is because my exhaust is shortened a little bit and that its cold out side so the valves arent opening right..

i personally thing its a bunch of bull sh*t and he just wants it out of there shops.. any opinions? doubt it could be cold weather but is it possible?

i had a 91 kawi 600 and i was driving it when it was 20 degrees out side no problem.. im just f*ckin confused .. sorry for the long post
Old 11-17-2006, 02:36 AM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Need your opinion

could be a # of things. Your tank might have **** in the bottom so it keeps messing your filter up. Could be jetting. could just be something as simple as plugs.
Get plugs and have soomeone jet your bike and sync the carbs
Old 11-17-2006, 02:39 AM

how much does a jet kit run roughy
Old 11-17-2006, 02:41 AM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

60-125 maybe. Some shops can jet it with what they have in stock if its a shop that tunes regularly then you only have to pay for the jets you use
Old 11-17-2006, 02:45 AM

****.. well ill check the spark plug nd gas tank tomorrow and probbly go get it syncd and jetted if still having the problem...

if i have it jetted and syncd right now will i have to change anything in the spring when it gets warmer again?
Old 11-17-2006, 02:59 AM

shouldnt
Old 11-17-2006, 03:00 AM

thanks man i appreciate the help
Old 11-17-2006, 09:39 AM

Catman will become famous soon enough

If the bike was sittin for a while ; dip the carbs
Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

clean clean clean.