what the real scoop on oil??

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:17 AM

GORBO is a decent person
what the real scoop on oil??

Ive heard so many different things about oil and oil changes i dont know where to begin. Ive heard full syn., partial syn., just regular oil. I've heard change every 3,000, every 1,500, this one guy was even saying anytime he went over 175mph he changed his oil. Ive heard with full syn. oil you wont be able to clutch whoolies as well. This may have been asked before, I did the search with no luck. Maybe Im just retarded and didnt do it right, but any help with clarifying this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:18 AM

GORBO is a decent person
Re: what the real scoop on oil??

P.S.- if one type of oil is better or worse for your engine please include that data with the responses..
Old 11-12-2006, 10:28 AM

celgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud ofcelgsxr has much to be proud of

change oil every 4000 filter every 8000........ and thats running good oil...mobil1 10/40 with a k&n filter.... the discussion stated on sl before pretty much said that there not that big of a difference if any at all between 4stroke and motor oil.........
unless when you change your oil you see alot of metal flakes in oil then maybe change it alittle more frequent........ i put 24000 on a gsxr 6 and changed the oil every 5000 and the filter 3 times........

also im an idiot.....thank you have a nice day
Old 11-12-2006, 11:26 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe you should search for it, you seam to be fairly good at digging up extreamly old ****.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:31 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

oh your done with your mission ,digging up old threads ,and now your asking silly questions
Old 11-12-2006, 11:47 PM

rocketrider4lif is an unknown quantity at this point

go with castrol r4 with k&n filter and change it every 2500 to 3000
Old 11-12-2006, 11:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think you are the guy who owns that defuncted site what is it stunt usa ....and your trying to clog up the works
Old 11-12-2006, 11:54 PM

ssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of lightssteve is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think you are the guy who owns that defuncted site what is it stunt usa ....and your trying to clog up the works
Old 11-14-2006, 08:40 AM

GORBO is a decent person

oh your done with your mission ,digging up old threads ,and now your asking silly questions

I am almost certain that me posting a question on oil types, usage, and changes under the "Help and How-to/Service, Repair, and Maintenance" forum is not silly in any way. As a matter of fact, one would have to believe that this forum was initially created for members with questions exactly like the one I asked. Maybe that is a far fetched idea, but if I was a betting man I think all my chips would be on the table. Wouldn't you think?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by RonHightower
I am almost certain that me posting a question on oil types, usage, and changes under the "Help and How-to/Service, Repair, and Maintenance" forum is not silly in any way. As a matter of fact, one would have to believe that this forum was initially created for members with questions exactly like the one I asked. Maybe that is a far fetched idea, but if I was a betting man I think all my chips would be on the table. Wouldn't you think?
silly kid. This site is here to clown on tools:YEAH

seriously dude what do you expect when you clog up the entire first page of of the stunt discussion section, with posts from 10-03
you should just be lucky that the A-QPWT havent gotten a hold of you
Old 11-14-2006, 12:29 PM

GORBO is a decent person

thats fine, I caught tons of shiit over it. It was a mistake, if you want to harass me about it, thats okay. But to post a question about oil usage in the "service, repair & maintenance forum is not silly in any way.

If your here to "clown on tools" that great, if thats what your into. But if you look at 99% percent of my post you will see that I only post questions that perhaps some other members have some good advice about, or I reply to posts with solid advice and answers that will help someone else out. Between working shift six days a week and street killin when I get some free time, I rarley have time to even log on much less clog up the site with useless non-sense. If you review the site you will see that the vast majority of it is used for giving/receiving advise, networking and promoting. These features of the site I'm sure was part of the initial reason for site creation.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:39 PM
also known as OMR

tool..
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM

thats fine, I caught tons of shiit over it. It was a mistake, if you want to harass me about it, thats okay. But to post a question about oil usage in the "service, repair & maintenance forum is not silly in any way.

If your here to "clown on tools" that great, if thats what your into. But if you look at 99% percent of my post you will see that I only post questions that perhaps some other members have some good advice about, or I reply to posts with solid advice and answers that will help someone else out. Between working shift six days a week and street killin when I get some free time, I rarley have time to even log on much less clog up the site with useless non-sense. If you review the site you will see that the vast majority of it is used for giving/receiving advise, networking and promoting. These features of the site I'm sure was part of the initial reason for site creation.
dont tell to me review ****. Check the register date foo. I know how things run around here. If your looking for people to be serious 100% of the time and answer every tech question you have you might want to check another forum out.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:41 PM

tool..
Can someone please get him a shed:YEAH
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 PM

GORBO is a decent person

tool..
your reaching hard huh, coming from you that carries no weight what-so-ever
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
also known as OMR

f u c k i n g tool
Old 11-14-2006, 01:51 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by ssteve
Can someone please get him a shed:YEAH

hey junior, you never know when to throw in the towel huh? Just admit to the good people of Stuntlife that you've been SHUT DOWN, and go about you day of baggin groceries and trying to get someone to give a shiit about your existence
Old 11-14-2006, 01:54 PM

GORBO is a decent person

f u c k i n g tool
your creativity should be marketed, you and steve should join forces Im sure you two geniuses could come up with something to save a little face before I become bored with you
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Im only going to embarrass you two once or twice more
Old 11-14-2006, 01:58 PM

your creativity should be marketed, you and steve should join forces Im sure you two geniuses could come up with something to save a little face before I become bored with you
A-QPWT is going to be all over your *** biotch:YEAH

Quick Reply: what the real scoop on oil??