i might have fried something....

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 05:55 PM

FromBigIsland is an unknown quantity at this point
i might have fried something....

ok i have an 02 r6 that i lost the key for (no its not stolen) and i tried to hot wire it by cutting and splicing the wires that go to the ignition and running a wire from the battery to those wires.i think that i fried something by giving the ignition wires too much power. so i then spliced the wires back to there original places on the ignition and tried to start it with a screw driver. i can turn the igntion on (lights blinkers etc) but for some reason the neutral light wont turn on and the bike wont turn over...i ordered a new igntion from the dealer but i am afraid that when i install that it wont work becuaused i messed something up besides the ignition.
any help woudl be very appreciated
and no, it is not stolen. i have the title!
Old 11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: i might have fried something....

obvious but ....did you check the 30 amp fuse
Old 11-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

your an idiot. you can kiss your 12 volt regulator/rectifier buh bye.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
your an idiot. you can kiss your 12 volt regulator/rectifier buh bye.
your just trying to scare him
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

sure......
Old 11-06-2006, 06:13 PM
also known as OMR

i think you did
Old 11-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Scrapes Elbow

if that 30amp fuse blew no lights would turn on.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Old 11-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Scrapes Elbow

THATS RIGHT DOGGY
Old 11-06-2006, 08:40 PM
also known as OMR

the 30 amp fuse is for the ignition only not lights
Old 11-06-2006, 08:46 PM

Seal Clubber is an unknown quantity at this point

if the rectifier was gone you would have no power at all
Old 11-06-2006, 08:50 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by jizldasnizl
if the rectifier was gone you would have no power at all
eeeehhhhh
Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 AM

Idle Hands is an unknown quantity at this point

you blew out the starter interlock diode... its inside the turn signal relay, replace the whole relay.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:01 PM

thanks for all the replies every one. and no, you didnt scare me-good try though!:YEAH
but yeah, i pretty much ****ed up on this one. i checked the 30 amp fuses and one was blown so ireplaced it and it still didnt work.
if i turn the ignition i have power to everything(lights, blinkers etc)
how would i go about replacing the starter interlock diode and where is it??
and i f it is the 12 volt rectifier thing how would i replace that?
mahalo every one
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Scrapes Elbow

This is how

99-02 R6 Manual
Old 11-08-2006, 12:29 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by FromBigIsland
thanks for all the replies every one. and no, you didnt scare me-good try though!:YEAH
but yeah, i pretty much ****ed up on this one. i checked the 30 amp fuses and one was blown so ireplaced it and it still didnt work.
if i turn the ignition i have power to everything(lights, blinkers etc)
and i f it is the 12 volt rectifier thing how would i replace that?
mahalo every one
i knew that fuse was blown............ha
Old 11-08-2006, 12:33 AM

rocketrider4lif is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i have an 02 r6 that i lost the key for (no its not stolen) and i tried to hot wire it by cutting and splicing the wires that go to the ignition and running a wire from the battery to those wires.i think that i fried something by giving the ignition wires too much power. so i then spliced the wires back to there original places on the ignition and tried to start it with a screw driver. i can turn the igntion on (lights blinkers etc) but for some reason the neutral light wont turn on and the bike wont turn over...i ordered a new igntion from the dealer but i am afraid that when i install that it wont work becuaused i messed something up besides the ignition.
any help woudl be very appreciated
and no, it is not stolen. i have the title!

that sucks dont do wiring when you dont know what your doin
Old 11-08-2006, 08:11 AM

yeah, no shlt.
i wanted to ride really bad and thats what i get for it.....
hopefully ill have it fixed by this weekend.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:26 AM

Idle Hands is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Idle Hands
its inside the turn signal relay, replace the whole relay.

dunno
Old 11-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Scrapes Elbow

pour gas all over your bike and toss lit matches at it till its all fixed.

Quick Reply: i might have fried something....