Bleeding Front Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 02:34 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Bleeding Front Brakes

Im Bleeding The Front Brakes On My Gsxr600 2005 Changing The Fluid To Motul Rbf600 When Bleeding The Brakes Do I Bleed The Right Caliper First Then The Left Or Both At The Same Time Thanx For Your Time
Old 11-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Bleeding Front Brakes

u can do one at a time but i am not sure if that will flush all the old fluid out, i'd do both at the same time if i was trying to remove old dot 4.

Does the GSXR have split lines(T's Off)? or 2 lines (1 per caliper)?
Old 11-01-2006, 03:32 PM

DUMPstar is an unknown quantity at this point

i would flush the old fluid out and then pour the new fluid into the resevoir with both line detached from the caliper and let it gravity bleed. then attach the lines to the caliper. then regulary bleed the brakes left cliper then right works for me
Old 11-01-2006, 03:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have help open both bleeder at the same time cover the bleeders with your fingers apply a good amount of pressure this will keep air from getting in and have your buddy pump ...not to fast just like easy you know that will pump out all the old fluid with out letting in any air oh and keep the res full dont pump it emty
Old 11-01-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
u can do one at a time but i am not sure if that will flush all the old fluid out, i'd do both at the same time if i was trying to remove old dot 4.

Does the GSXR have split lines(T's Off)? or 2 lines (1 per caliper)?
SPLIT LINES T'S OFF
Old 11-01-2006, 04:33 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
SPLIT LINES T'S OFF
doesnt matter do it my way trust me
Old 11-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

brake fluid is a carcinogen so its BEST to keep it off your skin. just plug some clear hose over the bleeders and bleed each side singley till its got a solid stream of fluid about 2-3 inchs and pop both bleeders open then pump away while adding new brake bluid till you see fresh stuff coming out the tubes.

Note: less time u have brake fluid exposed to the air, the better.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:45 PM
also known as OMR

brake fluid is a carcinogen so its BEST to keep it off your skin. just plug some clear hose over the bleeders and bleed each side singley till its got a solid stream of fluid about 2-3 inchs and pop both bleeders open then pump away while adding new brake bluid till you see fresh stuff coming out the tubes.

so tech saavy
Old 11-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Scrapes Elbow

mmhmmm
Old 11-01-2006, 04:52 PM

NOT TO WORRIED ABOUT CARCINOGENS I DRIVE A BIG RIGG PART TIME FOR A FUEL COMPANY SMOKE CIGGS AND PACKAGE CHEVRONE OIL THE REST OF THE TIME BUTT GOOD LOOKIN OUT HOMMIE
Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
NOT TO WORRY ABOUT CARCINOGENS I DRIVE A BIG RIGG PART TIME FOR A FUEL COMPANY SMOKE CIGGS AND PACKAGE CHEVRONE OIL THE REST OF THE TIME BUTT GOOD LOOKIN OUT HOMMIE
ya so hows that third eye thing going you should just get it lanced
Old 11-01-2006, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
so tech saavy
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 11-01-2006, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
ya so hows that third eye thing going you should just get it lanced
NOT TO WORRY UNLESS YOUR DOWN THERE HUFFIN THE **** IT NOT A BIG DEAL AND IF IT GETS ON YOUR SKIN RULE OF THUMB IS YOU GOT ABOUT 8 HOURS TO GET IT OFF TILL BRAKE OIL OR ANY PETROLEUM PORDUCTS START TO SOAK INTO THE SKIN THEN INTO THE BLOOD STREEM I CAN SEND YALL SOME MATERIAL SAFTEY DATA SHEETS OR IN THE OIL INDUSTRY KNOWN AS MSDS'S I WORK WITH GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN IN THE OIL INDUSTRY 30 YEARS AND ARE IN GREAT HEALTH AND HEY WE STUNT MOTORCYCLES WHAT COULD BE WORSE FOR YOUR HEALTH HA HA THANX GUYS FOR THE INFO AND GOOD LAUGH
Old 11-01-2006, 05:18 PM
also known as OMR

ya ok went to west virginia the city union carbide is in has about 10 times the national average of cancer union carbide distills petrolium products ......cheap houses if your intrested
Old 11-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Scrapes Elbow

I snort thick lines of brake dust, so that makes me pretty tuff to.

Last edited by Wheeliest; 11-01-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Dude Chill Stop Riding Your Bike Then Your Contributing To Global Warming

THIS WAS FOR OLD MAN ROGER
Old 11-01-2006, 05:29 PM

i snort think lines of brake dust so im tuff to.
NICE LET ME GET A RAIL HAHABAWHA
Old 11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
also known as OMR

sorry i live with a cancer survivor im alittle sensative
Old 11-01-2006, 05:55 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^ No Worries Man Like I Said Good Lookin Out And Ya This Line Of Work Im In Sucks *** But Its What I Do To Make A Decent Living With My High School Drop Out ***