wtf wrong with my gixxer

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 05:59 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts
wtf wrong with my gixxer

I had the motor replaced from 750 to 600.... heres the deal the motor has been sitting for two years so then finally it started and had some smokes out so i thought it might be normal but it keeps the same thing blowing the smoke blue n black ...had spark plug replaced so it is running little bit better now so i decided to give it a try to wheelie somehow it cut me off in a second which it wont allow me to wheelie at all ...is it tip sensor ?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:22 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: wtf wrong with my gixxer

Originally Posted by SICK_508
I had the motor replaced from 750 to 600.... heres the deal the motor has been sitting for two years so then finally it started and had some smokes out so i thought it might be normal but it keeps the same thing blowing the smoke blue n black ...had spark plug replaced so it is running little bit better now so i decided to give it a try to wheelie somehow it cut me off in a second which it wont allow me to wheelie at all ...is it tip sensor ?

no if it was TIP i wouldn't run.

Make sure ALL vacuum lines are hooked up on the airbox, especially the small one that hooks up on the left rear of the airbox... if it's off the bike will run very rich...

Also since the bike sat make sure the air filter is clean.

hope that helps
Old 10-29-2006, 06:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

600 has a diffarent wire harness than the 750 trust me this will cause problems
Old 10-30-2006, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by John LegionST
no if it was TIP i wouldn't run.

Make sure ALL vacuum lines are hooked up on the airbox, especially the small one that hooks up on the left rear of the airbox... if it's off the bike will run very rich...

Also since the bike sat make sure the air filter is clean.

hope that helps

Ok , I had extra tip sensor n put the silicone in the middle of the ball....so now it allows me to wheelie n replaced the map sensor ...apparently it runs better now.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
600 has a diffarent wire harness than the 750 trust me this will cause problems

Right , Good thing 600 motor came with wiring harness and ecu ...The only thing it wont fit into 00-03 cluster gauge.