Tightening down DB Bars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 07:56 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about
Tightening down DB Bars?

Aight i've been gettin this poppin noise when i come to a hard stop or when i come down off a endo. I thought it was the bolt on my triple but i started tearin down the DB bars and found that the mounts are loose. I didnt put them on this bike and it looks like u gotta pull the triple off to tightin the nut on the back? Is there an easier way???
Old 10-30-2006, 12:50 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Tightening down DB Bars?

Originally Posted by frayz
Aight i've been gettin this poppin noise when i come to a hard stop or when i come down off a endo. I thought it was the bolt on my triple but i started tearin down the DB bars and found that the mounts are loose. I didnt put them on this bike and it looks like u gotta pull the triple off to tightin the nut on the back? Is there an easier way???
nope......but while you're at it make sure you steering stem bearings aren't too loose either......they shouldn't be over tightened......stand it on the bar and if they slowly fall to the sides when you let it go they are good.....if there is alot of slack or they are too tight it will tear things up
Old 10-30-2006, 12:54 PM

DUMPstar is an unknown quantity at this point

get em welded weld the risers to the triple and all you got to worry about is tightening the clamps easier
Old 10-30-2006, 01:35 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

Hmm..might look into that..i'ma pull the triple off and tighten them this weekend. Just didnt have a 30mm for the stem nut.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 PM

babyJOKER is an unknown quantity at this point

ive been getting the same noise too. should the triple be sitting on steering stem or it should be little space between it ?