anyone else need to "warmup" there clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:36 PM

StinkyFatPig is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone else need to "warmup" there clutch?

maybe my bikes just a peice but the only way i can get my clutch to stick and not slip is if i basicly warm it up or something.

what i have to do is try and few clutch ups from a dead stop.. and then it seems to stick pretty hard and i can get it when im moving at liike 10mph

and if i dont clutch for a while and just ride for a bit it goes back to slipping and i have to stop and do afew more warm up clutchs..

ive swapped the clutch a few times. first time i just swapped the fibers, then the next time i did put in new steels and a set of aftermarket fibers..
then my whole clutch blew apart im guessing because i was using cheap fibers.. now i got a whole used clutch that is using stock parts and its the same deal.

this is the only bike ive ever had so i got nothing to compair it to.. whats up.. do other bikes have to deal with this..
Old 10-17-2006, 11:19 PM

gixxerjaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: anyone else need to "warmup" there clutch?

Mine only slips when I just start it up and if the oil is getting old.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:23 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by StinkyFatPig
maybe my bikes just a peice but the only way i can get my clutch to stick and not slip is if i basicly warm it up or something.

what i have to do is try and few clutch ups from a dead stop.. and then it seems to stick pretty hard and i can get it when im moving at liike 10mph

and if i dont clutch for a while and just ride for a bit it goes back to slipping and i have to stop and do afew more warm up clutchs..

ive swapped the clutch a few times. first time i just swapped the fibers, then the next time i did put in new steels and a set of aftermarket fibers..
then my whole clutch blew apart im guessing because i was using cheap fibers.. now i got a whole used clutch that is using stock parts and its the same deal.

this is the only bike ive ever had so i got nothing to compair it to.. whats up.. do other bikes have to deal with this..
somethings wrong with yours dude.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by MikeM
somethings wrong with yours dude.

yeah i kinda figured asmuch.. I have even changed the springs.. but there another set of stock springs.. i wanna buy a cbr anyway.. so i guess ill just deal with it till then anyway.. not many people stunt these bikes.

its ghey cause people are like, "can you wheelie" and im like yeah.. then boom im slipping at 12 grand lookin like a douch
Old 10-18-2006, 12:14 AM

rocketrider4lif is an unknown quantity at this point

did yo line up the hash marks on the inner hub to the hash marks on the basket? and what kind of oil are you runnin?
Old 10-18-2006, 12:15 AM

oh yeah and oem is the only way to go with clutch! aftermarket sucks!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:22 AM
LETS RIDE

deathwishriders is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah if you are not running motorcycle oil, the fiber plates may not be lubricated...also soak your fiber plates in oil before you put them in...ahhh **** just buy that cbr!!!
D
Old 10-18-2006, 07:07 PM

yeah i use castrol 4stroke motorcycle. I heard using synth can cause slippage cause its slicker so i stuck with mineral oil..

i soaked my plates each time.

and whats the deal with the "hash" marks thing.. in the manual it just said to line the plates up then the last one put it in one notch off from the others..

and this happend before i ever opened up the cluthc..
but at one point my bike was stolen and figured they may have used regular oil in it so thats why i wanted to swap all the plates..
Old 10-18-2006, 07:18 PM

blacklincoln is an unknown quantity at this point

ya thats definitely strange..my bike grabs when cold then slips when its overheated..
Old 10-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

the pressure plate is warped. next time u got the pressure plate off hold it in the air by the pressure puller rod and spin the pressure place. it'll wobble. and theres a notch mark on the pressure plate that u must line up on the basket. i don't think it will; asemble correctly unless u line up the notches anyways and make sure u have 1/8th play in your clutch lever

PS: 99% of the time when u break fibers it will warp your pressure plate.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by blacklincoln
ya thats definitely strange..my bike grabs when cold then slips when its overheated..
if my bikes over heating it slips even when i "warm it up" so same deal there

as for the clutch plate being warped. when my aftermarkt plates blew up it completly destoyed my whole basket all the plates the presure plate and the clutch cover..
when i replaced it last i literely replace every single part of the clutch assembly including the cover and all the linkages inside..
so i really dont think its the presure plate. i think its just a gay kawi.. the only kawi i think id ever buy again would be a 636.

but yeah cbr is coming my way for next spring. ive pretty mch lost hope with this bike.. i kinda feel like i waistd 2 seasons on this thing.. provided the first year was just learning to ride.. but this summer i should have been rocking slow stuff by now and i spent most of the summer waiting for parts. i only had probably 2 months of solid riding . and up here you only get maybe 7 months of riding weather..

Last edited by StinkyFatPig; 10-18-2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:15 PM

what kind of castrol are you runin? i run r4 and my clutch is perfect! oh and there is a little dot on the hub and the basket. if you dont get them lined up correctly your clutch is not going to engage correctly. plus there are washers that have a very specific directon that they go in and this will also effect haw the clutch is working. go back and read your manual. look at it very closely and make reference to the pics also. ill ask a mechanic friend of mine and see if he has ever heard of this before
Old 10-25-2006, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by rocketrider4lif
what kind of castrol are you runin? i run r4 and my clutch is perfect! oh and there is a little dot on the hub and the basket. if you dont get them lined up correctly your clutch is not going to engage correctly. plus there are washers that have a very specific directon that they go in and this will also effect haw the clutch is working. go back and read your manual. look at it very closely and make reference to the pics also. ill ask a mechanic friend of mine and see if he has ever heard of this before
thanks man,
I did read the manual. it doesnt say anything about the presure plate going on one way. it does only fit one way so i think im ok thre.. I did take note of the washer going on the right way..
honestly i want a newer bike anyway.. im just going to find something next spring.
thanks for the help guys