05 Gsxr Body Work. What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 01:36 AM
Regular StuntLifer

gman_gsxr750 is an unknown quantity at this point
05 Gsxr Body Work. What do you think?

So I recently bought a used 05 gsxr 750. It had it's plastics painted gloss black and has the wire mesh over top of the openings. They look pretty slick but the tail fairing has been repaired and the front fender has a small piece broken off (which I wasn't aware of when I bought it) and I've always wanted a specific paint scheme.

I'm thinking of selling off the gloss black set and getting some new ones to sand down and paint but I'd like some advice from people that have played with aftermarket body work.

1. Is it worth buying the aftermarket street fairings? Some people say it's fine, other say it's crap.
2. If so, which is better, the ABS or the fiberglass? Pre-drilled or not pre-drilled.

I have another stunt bike so this will be the one I take care of. I want something that will hold up and I don't plan on having this set abused at all.

Should I go with aftermarket which I can get on e-bay shipped for about $500 or should I just try and get decent used OEM plastics which might cost a little more?

Any advice from people who have actually tried to mount aftermarket sets would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
Regular StuntLifer

gman_gsxr750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 05 Gsxr Body Work. What do you think?

Originally Posted by gman_gsxr750
So I recently bought a used 05 gsxr 750. It had it's plastics painted gloss black and has the wire mesh over top of the openings. They look pretty slick but the tail fairing has been repaired and the front fender has a small piece broken off (which I wasn't aware of when I bought it) and I've always wanted a specific paint scheme.

I'm thinking of selling off the gloss black set and getting some new ones to sand down and paint but I'd like some advice from people that have played with aftermarket body work.

1. Is it worth buying the aftermarket street fairings? Some people say it's fine, other say it's crap.
2. If so, which is better, the ABS or the fiberglass? Pre-drilled or not pre-drilled.

I have another stunt bike so this will be the one I take care of. I want something that will hold up and I don't plan on having this set abused at all.

Should I go with aftermarket which I can get on e-bay shipped for about $500 or should I just try and get decent used OEM plastics which might cost a little more?

Any advice from people who have actually tried to mount aftermarket sets would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't know how this post got added more than once. Server was running weird at 1:30AM this morning EDT.