clutch problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 AM

MaD_blood is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch problems?

i just replaced the front sprocket cover on my bandit and now it feels like my clutch is slipping all the time. any help? thanks
Old 10-09-2006, 11:28 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: clutch problems?

does your bike have the clutch push rod running through it?if it does there is a round rubber grommet on the outside of the cover,i think on that bike.pull that off and you'll see a phillips screw with a 12mm lock nut.hold the screw,break the nut and back it off untill there is no tension in the screw.turn it in until it just barely tightens and lock that nut.if thats not the right set up,explain what your looking at when you take the cover off and i'll tell you how to adjust it
Old 10-09-2006, 09:26 PM

a rubber grommet on the shifter? or the cover it self?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:40 PM

okay, i didn't really explain it well enough, it doesn't just feel like its slipping all the time, when i floor it, in like second and third, it rev's up to like 13k and i'm still gaining speed, its just feeling like its slipping and doesnt feel good either
Old 10-11-2006, 11:39 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

you have to adjust the clutch push rod.right now your clutch is still slightly disengaged when you let go of the lever and gun it.i'm pretty sure on that bike there is a rod that runs thru the front sprocket cover to the clutch arm itself.that needs to be adjusted
Old 10-11-2006, 11:44 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by MaD_blood
i just replaced the front sprocket cover on my bandit and now it feels like my clutch is slipping all the time. any help? thanks
take the cover off again, and look at where the cable goes through it. the thing that it hooks into might be twisted, or bent up. Was it hard to line the bolts up when you put the cover back on?
Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 AM

yeah it was hard to line up the bolts, but it still went together, i'm not a mechanic by any means, but it should be that hard! lol i'll pull it off after school today and see whats up