Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 07:08 PM

bikefreak600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

it has to be a short somewhere. no way the coolant is changing temp like that. and i thought i read that it goes down to 130 F . ? no engine will run that cold and air pockets will make the temp go way up because the water will boil. when the air pocket goes through the temp will drop again

i would just ignore it unless it starts to spit coolant out the overflow hose
Old 10-02-2006, 07:45 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

Ok, latest problem with this hunk

It's been dying on me latley when it's real hot.. I let it cool down and it starts up. Yesterday it died and I push started it.. then it sat all night.. tried to start it this morning.. dead as ****.. acting as if the battery was dead. I put it on the battery charger for a minute then start it and ride for a few mins.. i come back to my house and notice that the rpms are jumping up and down.. then the bike dies.. I try to restart and nothing. So I put it back on the charger for about an hour. Now it's got power no problem. Tries to start but NOTHING.. sounds like it's not getting any fuel or spark or something... wtf?
Old 10-02-2006, 08:20 PM

Bill McMahon is a decent person

You've probably already done it, but have you tried swapping the ECU? A bad one would do all these things.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Bill McMahon
You've probably already done it, but have you tried swapping the ECU? A bad one would do all these things.
I tried swapping it months ago when the temp problem was the only problem I was having and it did not fix that. Now that it started doing the new stuff I haven't. I don't have a spare anymore
Old 10-03-2006, 04:55 PM

1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about1ST GEAR has a spectacular aura about

You got some bad electrical probs. bro. My gsxr.. I know not the same thing... but it used to do the F.I. light and oil light and dieing stuff while riding, never had a problem with coolant temp. I found the battery cables loosening up at the battery a few times, then it did it again and both cables tight. I traced it down to a ground cable finally when it got so bad it wouldn't start. it was where the cable mounted to the engine. Best advice in a situation like this is go through and start checking all your wires and connections, especially look in the connectors that are exposed to the elements.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:39 PM

I'm not getting any FI lights or anything..

To me it just seems like its not getting any gas or something but no idea why
Old 10-03-2006, 06:41 PM

I was originally convinced that it was the stator but now I'm not so sure.. Just went out agai and tried to start it.. The power is still perfect... It just doesnt actually start
Old 10-04-2006, 04:24 AM
It Ain't Easy Bein Cheesy

Dano is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like a loose connection to me, that could cause the coolant temp to bounce around like you describe. if you have a wiring schematic follow the coolant temp sensor wire from the sensor to the ecu, and jiggle each connector along the way while you watch the gauges. if there's a loose connection it'll bounce the temp number around while you jiggle it.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:30 AM

lake666 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunno if this has been said yet but, im thinking it could be a realy poor earth somewhere? i have had problems with jet skis, having bad earths is common and they do some whacked s#it.

Lake.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

i think your F4i is emily rose.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:25 PM

New computer didnt fix it... still waiting on more parts.......
Old 10-09-2006, 08:34 PM

Miltown is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on

i'm sure you checked this already but, have you made sure the battery terminals are nice and tight, mine ran like crap because one was loose.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:17 AM

It makes no sense, but I swapped the fuel pump today and ALLLLLLLLLLLL my problems went away. Bike starts no problem, idle stays solid, temp is completley normal now, everything. I can't figure it out but I dont care. My sh*t runs perfect now.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:18 AM

Gauges also always showed that I was on reserve and thats fixed now too
Old 10-28-2006, 12:33 PM

project-c2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
prolly some air pockets.
This is what I would check. If the air pocket goes toward the sensor, it will read the air temp, not the coolant temp.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by project-c2
This is what I would check. If the air pocket goes toward the sensor, it will read the air temp, not the coolant temp.
Read my posts above yours
Old 10-28-2006, 03:09 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yeeeeeaaaaa now ride that hunk *****
Old 10-28-2006, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
yeeeeeaaaaa now ride that hunk *****
I killed the skreets alone last night

Working on it some more today
Old 10-28-2006, 03:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

why didnt you hook up with colt and marcio
Old 10-28-2006, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
why didnt you hook up with colt and marcio

MarSHALL wasn't riding by the time I was done.. I met up with him somewhere for a bit then went home.

Quick Reply: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it