Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:09 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Sux man.

Hope you figure it out.

But if it's quick temp change just know the coolant temp in not changing that much. Proably as stated about an air pocket.

I'll give it a go

thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 04:59 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

Ok, so I opened the radiator up and added like an ounce of fluid.. let the bike sit idling for like 10 minutes at 4k rpm.. a little bit of fluid came out of the top.. turned the bike off and it went down a bit.. so I put some more in... should I just close it up now or let it run again?
Old 09-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

put ur mouth over the radiator opening and blow real hard so it pushs the fluid into the crevasts.

also squeezing coolant hoses and reving higher then 4k helps spin the water pump faster
Old 09-27-2006, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
put ur mouth over the radiator opening and blow real hard so it pushs the fluid into the crevasts.

also squeezing coolant hoses and reving higher then 4k helps spin the water pump faster
I did all that
Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Nice, i think u should sell the motor on that one and harness and ecu and buy a 05/06 f4i motor/harness/ecu and call it a day.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 PM

Nice, i think u should sell the motor on that one and harness and ecu and buy a 05/06 f4i motor/harness/ecu and call it a day.
I'd love to
Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Scrapes Elbow

all n all after selling it n what not u'd only be spending at the most like $300
Old 09-27-2006, 07:15 PM

What a pain in the nuts.. while wiping my bike down from the coolant I was going over all the bolts and tightening everything and noticed one of my motor mounts was about to fall out.. had to take the whole motherf*cking bike apart to get to the sumb*tch.......just finally got it all back together
Old 09-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Scrapes Elbow

haha good
Old 09-27-2006, 07:18 PM

at least the unknown rattle is gone lol
Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Scrapes Elbow

haha and the f4i is the hardest vibrating bike i've ever ridden. i bet the rattle was annoying.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:47 PM

haha and the f4i is the hardest vibrating bike i've ever ridden. i bet the rattle was annoying.
It was quite annoying. Its all gone now.

Definetley had some air pockets in the coolant and they're all gone now. Temp still jumps all over the place though. And my rpms never stay constant either
Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Scrapes Elbow

ur bike is emily rose.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:57 PM

I'll figure it out eventually. I'm just getting frustrated
Old 09-27-2006, 08:24 PM

FoxyLadyF4i is a decent person

Dude! PM me when you get the figured out. Mine was doing that too. I thought it was just the screen malfunctioning. It was jumping around like that, then on the highwaym if i hit a bump, the screen would blank out and re-start? (Whole thing flasing and tack goin to the end and back).

I thought it was the wires going to the back of it. When it's stopped, if I put my hand back there and mess with wires, it would restart like it does on the highway. Then the old man took half my bike apart to use it in a show, and after unhooking the wires once, the screen doesn't work at all!!!!

The needle is stuck at 4k rpms whether it's running or not, I have a N indicator, and when the bike is off, and key is out, my FI light remains on, dim, but on.

Whatever, stunnaz dont need to know how fast they're going!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:00 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FoxyLadyF4i
Dude! PM me when you get the figured out. Mine was doing that too. I thought it was just the screen malfunctioning. It was jumping around like that, then on the highwaym if i hit a bump, the screen would blank out and re-start? (Whole thing flasing and tack goin to the end and back).

I thought it was the wires going to the back of it. When it's stopped, if I put my hand back there and mess with wires, it would restart like it does on the highway. Then the old man took half my bike apart to use it in a show, and after unhooking the wires once, the screen doesn't work at all!!!!

The needle is stuck at 4k rpms whether it's running or not, I have a N indicator, and when the bike is off, and key is out, my FI light remains on, dim, but on.

Whatever, stunnaz dont need to know how fast they're going!
sounds like a short to me
Old 09-27-2006, 10:01 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

try engine ice
Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 PM

What do y'all think of changing the air temp sensor and the map sensor on the airbox? Possibility or waste of time?
Old 09-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Scrapes Elbow

if those were F-ed up ur bike would run like pooty
Old 09-28-2006, 05:01 PM

if those were F-ed up ur bike would run like pooty
Well it kinda does.

Either way I got brand new ones on the way :YEAH

Quick Reply: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it