Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:50 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
ok well my best guess is, its shorting some where.

Maybe I'll try messing with the coolant again

How do YOU go about doing it? Maybe I'll try something new

The only thing that has me thinking its not that is it does it from the second you start the bike up.. before the collant is even moving
Old 09-25-2006, 12:51 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on

have you tride a Brand New Temp Sensor?
Old 09-25-2006, 12:52 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

have you tride a Brand New Temp Sensor?
2 actually.. Bought a mint one off ebay, then bought a brand new one from honda
Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

ok well look for signs of wear on the harness/wires from vibration etc.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:03 PM

ok well look for signs of wear on the harness/wires from vibration etc.

When I tore this bike down the first timw I went over everything. It's an 03 with only 2500 miles... It's so mint. Thats whats confusing me more than anything. It did it when I first got the bike. The the whole bike was torn down and rebuilt from the ground up. Everything was replaced; plugs, alllllll fluids, pads everywhere, rotors, you name it... Thing is newer than off the showroom floor
Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Scrapes Elbow

ok simple fix, bounce off revlimiter for about 15,000 miles
Old 09-25-2006, 01:09 PM

Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

think I'll pass on that one
Old 09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Skunky is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it

check your water pump...mine broke before internally (one of the teeth) so sometimes it would spin(cooling the motor off) and sometimes it would sit still(causing the temp to rise)...

I did everything like you changed just about everything until I found it...good luck
Old 09-25-2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Skunky
check your water pump...mine broke before internally (one of the teeth) so sometimes it would spin(cooling the motor off) and sometimes it would sit still(causing the temp to rise)...

I did everything like you changed just about everything until I found it...good luck
Wouldn't that cause the temp to just rise though? Mine litereally goes from like 260 to 130 in a split second. It's just the reading I think.. The bike isn't actually going crazy..runs like a champ
Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 PM

Lotus is an unknown quantity at this point

check all your connectors, there could be a wire pulled out of a clip. Double check your battery, even if its a little low, it causes all kinds of **** to happen. Hope you get it fixed man.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lotus
check all your connectors, there could be a wire pulled out of a clip. Double check your battery, even if its a little low, it causes all kinds of **** to happen. Hope you get it fixed man.
I am having some issues with it not starting when the bike is real hot.. maybe related? If I ride a lot and then turn the bike off and back on it wont start sometimes.. I let it cool down for a few mins and its fine
Old 09-27-2006, 02:49 AM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

dumb question but when it goes doen from 210 is the fan on.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:23 AM

Idle Hands is an unknown quantity at this point

temp sensor reads on resistance values, maybee check resistance on wire from temp sensor to ecu. gonna need a scematic but if you got one its an easy check. Also might want to double check that system is full, sometimes coolant sensors don't read to quickly and I have seen air bubles do that. was on an r6, guy had huked up the coolant lines that go thru the bottom of the carb rail all wrong.

also fi adjusts with coolant temp reading, could cause a hard to start issue,
Old 09-27-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by hyperryder
dumb question but when it goes doen from 210 is the fan on.

Fan is always on. If you saw how fast the temp was changing you'd know that wasn't it... It'll go 40 degrees back and fourth in each direction in like 2 seconds flat
Old 09-27-2006, 01:09 PM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

could it be that the guage is switching between Farenheight and Celsius on its own with vibrations?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Idle Hands
temp sensor reads on resistance values, maybee check resistance on wire from temp sensor to ecu. gonna need a scematic but if you got one its an easy check. Also might want to double check that system is full, sometimes coolant sensors don't read to quickly and I have seen air bubles do that. was on an r6, guy had huked up the coolant lines that go thru the bottom of the carb rail all wrong.

also fi adjusts with coolant temp reading, could cause a hard to start issue,
Pretty sure you just surpassed my abilities with that one
Old 09-27-2006, 01:31 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

prolly some air pockets.
+1
Old 09-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by nags

Maybe I'll try messing with the coolant again

How do YOU go about doing it? Maybe I'll try something new

The only thing that has me thinking its not that is it does it from the second you start the bike up.. before the collant is even moving

It makes it easier with two people.

Fill your cooling system up all the way. With the radiator cap off rev the bike, the coolant level will drop a little, while it's revving, top off the radiator and put the cap on while still keeping the revs up. This pressurizes the system a little.

Might help who knows.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Schwartz
It makes it easier with two people.

Fill your cooling system up all the way. With the radiator cap off rev the bike, the coolant level will drop a little, while it's revving, top off the radiator and put the cap on while still keeping the revs up. This pressurizes the system a little.

Might help who knows.
I basically did it like that.. I filled it up all the way.. ran the bike till it opened, then topped it off and let it run for a while.. Then I rode the bike for a day and did it all over again and got even a little more in there
Old 09-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I Love To Post!

Sux man.

Hope you figure it out.

But if it's quick temp change just know the coolant temp in not changing that much. Proably as stated about an air pocket.

Quick Reply: Weird temp problem on my F4i On my F4i I've had a problem with the temperature on it