'03 sixxer wont start! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 07:01 PM

gsxtasy is an unknown quantity at this point
'03 sixxer wont start! HELP!

Hey everyone..well here's whats goin on, so two days ago my bike started and ran fine..then comes the next day, go to jump on it and fire it up...nothing. All the electronics come on and it does everything exactly normal, except when i press the start button it doesnt do anything, not a click a buzz, nothing. Ive checked the ignition fuse, and looked at the starter switch itself, but to no avail. Anybody have any clue? Thanks in advance.

-Aaron-
Old 09-17-2006, 07:07 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold
Re: '03 sixxer wont start! HELP!

check that your clutch is in (haha), or the switch on the clutch. not in gear w/kickstand down
Old 09-17-2006, 07:34 PM

Hey, i figured it out, its sometihng with the switch under my clutch...what does that do exactly? if i push up on it(the whole thing) it will start, but if i dont it wont do anything. Could someone please enlighten me on what that push in switch thingy is? thanks!!

-Aaron-
Old 09-17-2006, 07:37 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

its a saftey feature, it wont allow you to start the bike without the clutch in. that way you dont go flying when you hit the starter. i think if its not working right you can unplug it and put a small peice of wire in the two slots in the plug. or im sure there is a more pro way to bypass it. search on here for gsxr help im sure youll find something.. good luck
Old 09-18-2006, 08:02 PM

nickb2884b is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah your battery is to dead to crank the motor
Old 09-18-2006, 09:31 PM

No, my battery is not to dead to start the motor...as i said before it was the clutch safety, and im still not exactly sure whats wrong with it, but thats what it is and i can get it started at least.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM
AuthorityStunts

I just read what i wrote b4 and it sucked... i think when you unplug the clutch saftey the end of the plug has three slots in it.(i think) if you take a small piece of wire and connect the two end ones you can bypass the problem. or take the whole thing off the lever and open it up. the wires inside could have gotten damaged