900rr trouble help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 01:32 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
900rr trouble help!!!

i just picked up a 99 900rr that was stitting for 2 years.i did all the maintanance including(plugs,oil,carb cleaning,synced etc.)i have checked spark plug wires,boots,harness wires the whole nine.i am a very good bike mechanic and i need to know if anyone has run into this problem with the 900rr's.i took the bike out after i got it running and had no problem riding the idle or circles.the next day i went out and after 5 minutes the bike wont ride idle.it's as if it's running out of gas and just bucks and sputters. i have been over every part of the carbs,**** i even cleaned the tank.i need help anyone? the bike has 5500 mi a yosh exhaust and k&n filter
Old 09-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 900rr trouble help!!!

Get A Gsxr
Old 09-15-2006, 03:56 PM

callin is an unknown quantity at this point

May sound dumb but do you have it topped off with gas. When I get mine up at a 12 it will do that if I dont have enough gas in the tank. I can have almost 3 gallons in the tank and it does it, so I just keep it topped off and I have had no problems.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

this is why carbs ****.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:45 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by callin
May sound dumb but do you have it topped off with gas. When I get mine up at a 12 it will do that if I dont have enough gas in the tank. I can have almost 3 gallons in the tank and it does it, so I just keep it topped off and I have had no problems.

+1
Old 09-15-2006, 08:45 PM

that was the first thing i did and even now it sits there with a full tank.it's getting ready to go into a lake
Old 09-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

How BoUt YOuR shut off valve?????

DoeS All your electrical sputter as well???
Old 09-15-2006, 09:06 PM

Greeny is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine did that when the voltage regulator/rectifiers was on the way out
Old 09-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point

Take out the pet**** on the tank, if it sat for 2 years without a full tank there is probably rust in the filter. Hey guys don't bash the 900rr during the 90's this bike started the stunt revolution.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Look out for big trucks!!

Rudy-eastcoastX is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rudy-eastcoastX
Take out the pet**** on the tank, if it sat for 2 years without a full tank there is probably rust in the filter. Hey guys don't bash the 900rr during the 90's this bike started the stunt revolution.
This site is ghey...you cant say pet-c o c k, OK fuel-Valve
Old 09-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Administrators

Originally Posted by Rudy-eastcoastX
Hey guys don't bash the 900rr during the 90's this bike started the stunt revolution.

I StiLl RoCk THa 90's 900RR..:YEAH

**** EVERyBoDy ELSe AND WHuT THEY SaY
Old 09-15-2006, 11:33 PM

no, i haven't had any problems with the electrical aspect.remember the bike only has 5400 mi and the guy that had it before me didn't know how to ride.first and only owner.it's got to be something else.i have been over all of that.thank you thought.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Administrators

How do the Plugs look????
Old 09-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

sell it and buy a fuel injected bike.
Old 09-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Administrators

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
sell it and buy a fuel injected bike.

+1

SelL iT To ME...
Old 09-16-2006, 12:21 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
Get A Gsxr
i did not say this i think someone at work was fukin around on my computer.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 PM

i found the problem!!!!!!it turned out to be the o ring that separates the top of the fuel filter with the lower reserve side.it must have come loose somehow and blocked the gas flow when the bike was up in air.back to fun time again.thank you to all who gave me good advice.good lookin