Brake Cables

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:43 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person
Question Brake Cables

I have a 06 Gsxr 600 and someone said if I want to get into doin endos and other tricks....I'm a newbie. They said all I really need is I think they said steel braided cables...Is this true.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Brake Cables

dude, u don't need **** except *****.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

that bike has everything, radial mounted brakes, damper. huge rotors, just need to grow a pair
Old 09-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
dude, u don't need **** except *****.

Sweet I'm all over them wait.......that didn't come out right
Old 09-12-2006, 06:53 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

and it's braided "lines".. they are lines that hold fluid.. not a cable with a steel line through it... get it ponch? come in with some speed, around 30, bounce your *** off the seat (preload() arms about locked, back straight, look forward not down, work the brake, baby steps..
Old 09-12-2006, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
and it's braided "lines".. they are lines that hold fluid.. not a cable with a steel line through it... get it ponch? come in with some speed, around 30, bounce your *** off the seat (preload() arms about locked, back straight, look forward not down, work the brake, baby steps..
so do you think I need the braided lines....or just grow a pair
Old 09-12-2006, 07:12 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

just take your pair back from wheeliests sister... and get to work
Old 09-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Scrapes Elbow

there is nothing wrong with upgrading to steel braided brake lines, but in your case its not needed. the best thing i believe in learning on a sport bike is learn under worse case scenario before best.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Scrapes Elbow

damn it!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
there is nothing wrong with upgrading to steel braided brake lines, but in your case its not needed. the best thing i believe in learning on a sport bike is learn under worse case scenario before best.
Thats true
Old 09-12-2006, 08:01 PM

Now another question on my bike I got a cage on the way this week, i went -1+2 on sprockets two brothers exhaust and power commander all this on my bike could I pull my bike up without moving fast like basic from a stand still........I'm pretty serious about this sport....I really should sell my PCommander not a good idea to have on a bike right.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Scrapes Elbow

um, just don't run any race maps. and that bike should beable to come up between 1mph to 90mph
Old 09-12-2006, 08:47 PM
B.T.M.

just clutch it, and learn correctly
Old 09-13-2006, 10:17 AM

KF_Chris is a decent person

you're gonna tear that pretty little bike up bad.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:25 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by DSGSXR600
I have a 06 Gsxr 600 and someone said if I want to get into doin endos and other tricks....I'm a newbie. They said all I really need is I think they said steel braided cables...Is this true.
Stock lines are fine to learn with, **** i still have stock lines on my bike that i do long stoppie comps on, rolled over 500 feet at stuntfest with them.

HOWEVER, you DEFINATELY should get a steering damper, it will help prevent headshake/tankslappers and will most likely save you from crashing one nice and hard. My boy crashed one two weeks ago cause of a slapper and ended up breaking his femur. DAMPERS ARE A MUST FOR STOPPIES!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by KF_Chris
you're gonna tear that pretty little bike up bad.
I want to get into the sport....yeah I know its a pretty bike and all but thats why you work to fix things.....I work hard for my money and if I f*** something up on my bike hey get to work and fix it.....the way I look at it bro you can...this is something I don't want to happen but I'll say it.......You can start your bike pull out of your drive way and come to a complete stop and go thru the stop and someone can hit you...and destroy your bike or you can but you kick stand out and miss the ground and just drop the thing. So either way you look at it you can mess it up......and see I respect some stunters that look out for the newbies in this league and I don't respect the ones that just put two fingers up and say ride out......but you know what I'm 24 I'm going to try this sh*t out and if I like it then here I come but if I don't back to the drawing board and fix my bike back to normal and ride it.....dog I played football all my life that was a job and if I put in as much time into stuntin as I did football I'm goin to get good just like some of you......it's all about respect