Blown Motor!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 06:18 AM

Stunt_it_out is an unknown quantity at this point
Blown Motor!!!!!

So i got my 12 bar today and installed it. look great and i had to go and try and c if i could scrape it. get to the lot and start to practice...finally grow the ***** to say f it and go for the scrape, i hit it but not exactly as planned so i let it drop and try again...this time i hit it dead on and scrape it!!!! yahooooo! my first scrape ever! u must all know how it felt to scrape for ur first time! so i park it in a 12 and admire what i had just done. the engine still runnin in the parked 12. i turned it off cause i wanted to take a pic. so i pu tthe bike back down and start it up...seems to b ok! i ride off and turn around and i notice im riding thru smoke that smells like burning oil. i didnt think anythin of it cause i thought from being in the 12 it might have thrown some **** around and it dont matter. i go park my bik eimediately so i can talk to my boys about the scrape i just did!!! 20 mins later i decide im gona go back out and try it again...i go and start up my bike and all hell breaks loose! when i pushed the started i felt a big TICK! and also heared a HUGE TICK!!! sounded and felt like metal hitting metal. uh oooooh!!! wtf happened??? i tried starting it again and when it finally started...all i can say is smoke coming from the pipe!!! and it smells like oil burnin. i turned it off and tried again and yess still lots of smoke comin out the exhaust!!! NOW WHAT HAPPPPPPEEENNNED!!!! someone please help me and let me know whats wrong with my engine!!! why is it that right when u learn something new and u wanna practice ur *** off to perfect it something goes wrong!!!! i just hope it aint too bad and that i can fix it myself or with some help from a few buddies. P.S. about 20 000 kms on the bike 03 r6, overfilled the oil a bit and never did any service since i bought the bike!!! please tell me its valves and it can be fixed for cheap enuffffff!!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 07:31 AM

Bobby@BullyDog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Blown Motor!!!!!

sounds like theres a ton of oil in the airbox and its burning it off
just let it run till it stops smoking or blows up..what do you have to lose right?
just run it and see what happens
everytime i crash mine it smokes on startup..oil has to burn off somehow
Old 09-02-2006, 07:35 AM

HighStyles has a spectacular aura aboutHighStyles has a spectacular aura about

oil in the airbox... take the tank off airbox lid off and check.. i usually just wipe it out myself but a couple people on here told me to wipe it out then take the plugs out and turn it over to get the overflow out.. +1 on the scrape.. now.. fix it and do it again
Old 09-02-2006, 04:41 PM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say don't try to burn it out. There could be so much oil in the airbox, that the engine hydro locks. As fluids like oil cannot compress. only gasses can compress.

Open the airbox and check.

JT
Old 09-02-2006, 11:07 PM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point

its a 03 and you have done nothing to it?

take care of it and listen ^^^^^^ they are all right
Old 09-08-2006, 03:53 AM

skrewd21 is an unknown quantity at this point

check your airbox
Old 09-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

r6 is not a good "bar trick" bike, bar is only there for quick scrapes and plastic saving.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 PM

ye i checked it and it was oil in the airbox so i cleaned it out nad re routed the crancase breather...hopefully it works fine from here on in now im just worried about the oil light that keeps comin on
Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

re-routing it wont stop it from pouring out, cleaning the oil out of the air box isn't the complete deal either. if it hasn't been started since u shut it off after is was smoking like crazy pull your spark plugs out and try to start it, it will shoot the oil out on the cylinder.

its not like the oil is just going into the air box from being on the bar but BLOW BY pressure sends it spewing out like a firehydrant
Old 09-08-2006, 04:36 PM

i have started it since and it runs fine thank god and i re routed it in a way that a guy here did it and it works fine for him as long as u dont stay on the bar too too long. ill try it and c how it works. hopefully it works just fine
Old 09-08-2006, 04:40 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow Never Done A Service On The Bike U Deserve It If Its Blown
Old 09-08-2006, 05:08 PM

lol it only has 20 000 kms on it and i change the oil but thats it go yamaha lol:YEAH
Old 09-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Scrapes Elbow

well be gental on it.
Old 09-08-2006, 05:37 PM

ye im gona take it easy enuf and im gona do all the typical maintenance soon, filter, plugs, brake fluid, oil, valves bla bla bla