Bike Sounds like its out of gas/Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 05:48 AM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough
Bike Sounds like its out of gas/Won't start

Well I rode today..The bike ran good all day. I go to leave to head home and take off shift 2 gears and the bike sounds like it was running out of gas and was bogging down then it died and it wouldn't started again.. Would turn over but sounded like it was bogging when I gave it throttle. I just put 2gals in it? This guy out there said it my be the Throttle Postion censor or something. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2006, 05:50 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all
Re: Bike Sounds like its out of gas/Won't start

ECU maybe?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:00 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

congrats on getting back to your bike!

Was there old fuel/maybe water in it? My bike did the same exact thing when i had rain water collect on then into my tank. Take your tank off, empty it out, rinse with fresh gas, let it air dry and put it back on with fresh gas. Make sure your fuel pump is coming on too and you got pressure.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Armenian
congrats on getting back to your bike!

Was there old fuel/maybe water in it? My bike did the same exact thing when i had rain water collect on then into my tank. Take your tank off, empty it out, rinse with fresh gas, let it air dry and put it back on with fresh gas. Make sure your fuel pump is coming on too and you got pressure.
Yeah we checked the fuel pump.. took the line off and and turned the bike on and it pumped gas.. I might have had a small bit of old gas in it before I put new gas in it.. I'll try that... Thanks man Did your bike run fine before and then all of a sudden it do that?

Last edited by T-Dubby; 08-14-2006 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Brap

bump....
Old 08-16-2006, 09:38 PM

mikey1297 is an unknown quantity at this point

check your vent line on your tank make sure its not clogged, easy wasy is just open your tank and it makes a big suction type noise thats the problem
Old 08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Brap

I think it was just a little bad gas.. I dumped most of it out.. Came back the next day and put some F.I cleaner in it with newer gas and it ran fine.
Old 08-30-2006, 04:33 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

mine was doin that lastnite.. i think i had a gasline pinched by the crossbar..