zx6r no power

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
zx6r no power

The bike has no power to tailights, headlight, starter and what ever else thats in the group... The only thing i seem to even see any power out of is the gauge pod. its not the battery, i put one in from a bike that worked fine. i changed the ground that comes off the battery to the subframe. I checked all fuses (that i know of. The headlight and tailight fuses were blown. And one of the 20amps that are seperate from the fuse panel. I checked the main 30amp fuse and it was fine. I turn the key on and i still get no love. only the gauge pod shows any sign of power. there are a few relays (i think) that are under the seat and i havent check them (dont know how). I also just eyed over the wiring from the ignition back to the battery area. i didnt see anything obvious.

can anyone help. im fVckign pissed. i worked all week, bent the old beat up subframe back and re-inforced it and i was stoked to ride. now i cant. wtfmate.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:29 AM

s0nofg0d is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: zx6r no power

check the solinoid if i spelled it right but its probably the stater coil solinoid or a fuse
Old 08-06-2006, 03:50 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

no its not starter solenoid. i know what thats like. what are all these boxes ( i think relays) if one goes bad that will cut power from everything right?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Vetter
no its not starter solenoid. i know what thats like. what are all these boxes ( i think relays) if one goes bad that will cut power from everything right?

+1
Old 08-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

thats what i think is ****ed up. what is it... a "main" relay? i jump the connector with paper clips just to see what would happen and when i turned the key to on the bike turned over and the fuel pump made a real loud noise.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:18 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

nvmnd that post. i switched it out with one that i know works.

what else could it be? i jump the fan and it runs so i know theres power and its not a ground issue. theres juice flowing through the bike. i turn my key forward and it wont respond to starting... headlights and taillights i cant get to come on...
Old 08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

nvmnd that post. i switched it out with one that i know works.

what else could it be? i jump the fan and it runs so i know theres power and its not a ground issue. theres juice flowing through the bike. i turn my key forward and it wont respond to starting... headlights and taillights i cant get to come on...

DiD Ya Try To By PaSs THE SwiTCH...
Old 08-06-2006, 07:49 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by WHEELIE
DiD Ya Try To By PaSs THE SwiTCH...
yea. i figured it out. turns out both my headlight and taillight wiring got fvck in the crash last weekend. and the start button. you have to press it in SO HARD to get in to turn over now. weird.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Administrators

yea. i figured it out. turns out both my headlight and taillight wiring got fvck in the crash last weekend. and the start button. you have to press it in SO HARD to get in to turn over now. weird.

:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

RiGHt On ManG..