clutch pull question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:15 AM

Nikoli is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch pull question

OK, my clutch is really hard to pull in because I had to cut the lever down so I can hit my HB and use the clutch at the same time. I have a moose clutch wiht out the EZ pull thingy on.

I read a few months back about people lengthing the arm that the cable connects to by 9 or 10 mm. does anyone have any pics of this mod done???

any other way to get the clutch a lill easier to pull?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:42 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: clutch pull question

Originally Posted by Nikoli
OK, my clutch is really hard to pull in because I had to cut the lever down so I can hit my HB and use the clutch at the same time. I have a moose clutch wiht out the EZ pull thingy on.

I read a few months back about people lengthing the arm that the cable connects to by 9 or 10 mm. does anyone have any pics of this mod done???

any other way to get the clutch a lill easier to pull?
moose ez pull clutch perch and lever works nicely!

no pics, but the mod seems simple enough if you know how to weld! simply making the arm on the clutch cover longer!
Old 07-31-2006, 10:58 AM

yea, im just trying to show my welder today so hopefully I can get it done today or this week. I got a f'kn blister on my finger from my saturday stunt practice...
Old 08-01-2006, 06:11 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

i couldnt get that **** too work man...i only fuked wit it for a half but i used a bolt and a plate and it kept hittin the case?? said fukit i just buy msrs all the fukin time now cuz they are gold and **** at the same time

gay *** ****!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:07 PM

anyone else????
Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

anyone else????
If you got the moose easy pull lever and it's still too hard I think you might have some problems somewhere else in your setup.

Is your cable in the bottom hole of the lever, is your cable lubed, is it pinched, is it just adjusted too tight, etc.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 PM

it was fine until I cut it so I can use my HB and clutch at the same time. I was told I have the EZ pull lever but I only see 1 place to rout the cable in, have any pics of what yoru talkn about the lower hole? I just lubed it the other day after I noticed it was hard. there is a crack in the line and it bends there but I dont think it's enough to make it this hard.

-Nick
Old 08-01-2006, 02:20 PM

I just took a look at the HAI bike shop image of the ez pull lever and pearch set up... mine looks different, dosnt have the piece that is right near the clamp... I dont think that would affect anything but again, I duno. I have some sort of Moose lever though... hmmm..... may be this could be my problem...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

it was fine until I cut it so I can use my HB and clutch at the same time. I was told I have the EZ pull lever but I only see 1 place to rout the cable in, have any pics of what yoru talkn about the lower hole? I just lubed it the other day after I noticed it was hard. there is a crack in the line and it bends there but I dont think it's enough to make it this hard.

-Nick
If you don't have a second hole, then you don't have the ez pull.

Last edited by inolen; 08-01-2006 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:57 PM

T'RIC'KY will become famous soon enough

anyone else????
Hit up MikeM, he should have a pic of his mod if I´m not wrong!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:45 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by T'RIC'KY
Hit up MikeM, he should have a pic of his mod if I´m not wrong!
I did but i cant find it.

Edi: Found it

http://www.stuntusa.com/forums/showt...ghlight=clutch

Last edited by MikeM; 08-01-2006 at 03:49 PM.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I have the moose easy pull and it doesn't feel much lighter than stock, same with MSR i think i got something routed wrong or something
Old 08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

anyone else????
I have it done, no pics though. Only extend it 9mm. 10mm can cause some problems on re-assembly.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:41 AM

on the f4i, how do you get the post thing out of the gear box/clutch box? Does the spring on the outside hold it on or does something else? do I need to unbolt the case?

can I weld with it still installed (even know that owuld be a *****). I brought my bike to a welder yesterday and he said he wasnt sure if the heat would **** something up. Hopefully I can find out today from ya all and than get it done!