Fitment issues with fi on f4i?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 11:33 PM

Nocanstunto is an unknown quantity at this point
Fitment issues with fi on f4i?

Just got a new fi cage on my bike and it wouldn't go far enough back without hitting the headers so that the side struts would fit. Anyone have issues like this before? I ended up havin to smash some of the outlet of the headers down so it would clear. Don't know how much it will affect the bike but we will see.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:45 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Fitment issues with fi on f4i?

just gotta push it till it falls into that little indentation on the headers
Old 07-27-2006, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by nags
just gotta push it till it falls into that little indentation on the headers
Ya I tried smashin it in with a rubber hammer and still nothin...o well I don't think the headers being a little dented in with affect how the bike runs so I guess it will have to work.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:59 AM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing like a quality cage
Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 AM

Z.w.A is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem. Try to loose up the bolt that holds up the headers that will do the trick. Then smash the cage loop with a rubber hammer on place. And of course the sliders gotta be really loose when you install it.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:58 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the same problem with mine I got about a month ago.I had to drill 2 new holes in the main hoop about a half inch up from the existing hole on each side.Then when I came down hard it started to crush my exhaust.
So my advice would be to get a real cage like I did. I got a sick one from Scrapeworks.com
Old 07-27-2006, 06:01 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Mine went on without a problem
Old 07-27-2006, 06:02 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i told you mxd rob!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:03 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Mine went on without a problem
that's because you have your own website, n stickers
Old 07-27-2006, 07:08 PM

Mxd is nice but it bends and I don't want to deal with cutting those things off again not to mention customer service is ****.

My headers were kinda screwed from a previous crash so maybe that is why I had the clearance issue but I definitely can't run fairings with the way it is now.

Nags does your lower hoop touch the headers at all? My have maybe a few mm's of clearance if that. You think it will be ok?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:12 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Your first hard crash will crack your oil pan
Old 07-27-2006, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nocanstunto
Mxd is nice but it bends and I don't want to deal with cutting those things off again not to mention customer service is ****.

My headers were kinda screwed from a previous crash so maybe that is why I had the clearance issue but I definitely can't run fairings with the way it is now.

Nags does your lower hoop touch the headers at all? My have maybe a few mm's of clearance if that. You think it will be ok?

theres a little indentation on the headers that the loop slides right into
Old 07-27-2006, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by DEBO
Your first hard crash will crack your oil pan
The cage is under the headers so I highly doubt it will have enough force to bend the headers enough to smash my oil pan.

theres a little indentation on the headers that the loop slides right into
Weird...o well if fits now so we will see what happens.