no 1 spark plug shooting out of the head!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 05:20 AM

wade is an unknown quantity at this point
no 1 spark plug shooting out of the head!?!?

threads on the sparkplug look good put it back in once and it did the same thing... any ideas besides pulling the head to put a helicoil in?
Old 06-25-2006, 01:01 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: no 1 spark plug shooting out of the head!?!?

dont pull the head, just put grease on the tap for the coil to catch the shavings, and coil that b!tch... 30 min tops.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:53 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

gotta be helicoiled, no easy way around it
Old 06-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

Don't use grease on anything it won't catch the chips and a week later your rings will be toasted too. This sounds rediculous but do it, Get a can of shaving cream blast a bunch down in the cylinder but make sure the piston is at TDC (top dead center) then tap you head out for the helicoil and vacuume the shaving cream out with a shop vac. Then you can crank the helicoil in and your good to go. They can be a pain in the *** but it's better than the alternitive of buying a new head and having to reset all the valves
Old 06-27-2006, 09:54 PM

nickb2884b is an unknown quantity at this point

thats stuiped a helicoil is a temp fix if you have to fix it you can just go to a lager size spark plug and and tap for it or use a timesert its a much better then a helicoil and as for the grease and shop vac just take off the head and do it right
Old 06-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Quad Ridin Ninja

KUTZ is a decent person

I think he was looking for a temp fix, If not take the head off and have aluminum welded back in the hole and retap it to the right size spark plug
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by nickb2884b
thats stuiped a helicoil is a temp fix if you have to fix it you can just go to a lager size spark plug and and tap for it or use a timesert its a much better then a helicoil and as for the grease and shop vac just take off the head and do it right
Lol

fuuk that, I'd rather find a new motor than take the head off and do it right. Too much time and energy
Old 06-29-2006, 08:06 AM

minipig is an unknown quantity at this point

if youve run the bike after the plug popped out , the cylinder had the filings in and you've fooked it, helicoil isnt a temp fix, its the right way , but consider the bore of the cylinder ,and piston ring is shagged. if you have the cash ,,have the whole engine vamped. the same thing happened to me on an old kakawaski ,,the plug almost took my knee off.changing plugs is the simplest thing , but real easy to strip the thread,, sorry for yr trouble man.
Old 07-01-2006, 08:15 AM

minipig is an unknown quantity at this point

when this happened to me ,, i had the helicoil done ,,rebore,,but was rebored already,so had to be hand made pistons,,and an oversized bore,,all the valves and guides replaced ,, the fooking thing never ran right again, sticky valves after riding 30 mins ,,, i would seriously look into getting a new engine ,may save you a lot of trouble in the long run ,,but sounds like a nightmare, just from changing plugs ....the main prob is finding a mechanic who isnt a dopehead