helppp w/ headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:13 AM

jth017 is an unknown quantity at this point
helppp w/ headlights.

ok so let me start, last week i took off alot of parts off my 06r6 (front brake & clutch levers, rearsets, pass. pegs, gas tank cap) well i got all the parts back today, and started putting them back on. i had tons of bolts n such from taking the pieces apart, so i just put everything back one screw at a time. i finished the work, n rode to my softball game, then after the game i started the bike, and boom...no headlights whatsoever. i never touched anything electrical, so i dont know if this is just wierd timing, or if i messed something up. while i have everyones attention, i have 2 other questions... nothing seems to feel the same after the powder coating as it did before, example.. the levers dont move the same and seem stiffer. is it because they are a hair thicker now w/ the powder coat? and could i wd-40 them to make it move as smoothly as it used to? and 3...i had alot of trouble putting the gas tank cap back together, since i pulled apart the WHOLE lock because every single piece needs to be taken apart for powder coating. i got it back together 95% correctly, and it works perfectly fine, but i want it to be perfect and the way its suposed to be. anyone know where i can find instructions on putting this together again?

sorry for the long post guys, but id really appreciate some help here, and will try to make things a little simpler....

1.) no headlights, any ideas?
2.) stiffer levers, and moving parts, wd-40 or something?
3.) gas tank lock assembly.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:39 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: helppp w/ headlights.

not sure about the headlights, but powdercoating will make things thicker, you'll prolly have to sand down where the levers and such have pivot points interacting with other peices.

I am clueless when it comes to locks too............

1/3......if I was in baseball I would have a .333 average.......that about what, a 20 million dollar contract?? ok, now pay me! LoL
Old 06-13-2006, 10:56 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Softball BWAHAHAHHAH!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:00 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

as for the light just start pokin around with a test light