Neck bearings for f4i

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:08 AM

Turboedsupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Neck bearings for f4i

I have been reading up on these and looks like everyone is saying get the all ballz bearing but not the tapered kind. Where can i order these things from i searched everywhere
Old 06-05-2006, 04:06 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough
Re: Neck bearings for f4i

Originally Posted by Turboedsupe
I have been reading up on these and looks like everyone is saying get the all ballz bearing but not the tapered kind. Where can i order these things from i searched everywhere
stock is the ball bearings,the better ones are tapered roller bearings that come on 954's,Im pretty sure you can order 954 ones but you have to change the races on the triple and frame also.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:11 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

i was unde the impression that the rollers were worse. having not tried the rollers first hand i do not know, i swapped my 954s for f4i when i put my front end on
Old 06-05-2006, 07:12 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

954 tapper bearings are the way to go
Old 06-05-2006, 09:08 PM

I read a couple threads on here saying the tapered roller bearings cause headshake. I just want to get some new bearings in here without swapping other stuff. So stick with stock or get all ***** ball bearings or get the rolling tapered bearings???
Old 06-06-2006, 01:15 AM

andy342 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Turboedsupe
I read a couple threads on here saying the tapered roller bearings cause headshake. I just want to get some new bearings in here without swapping other stuff. So stick with stock or get all ***** ball bearings or get the rolling tapered bearings???
Ball bearings come stock on many Japanese street bikes. There's nothing wrong with them. It's really easy to set the tension on them. They aren't fussy.

Tapered roller bearings spread out the loads more. But you have to be careful setting the tension on them. Too loose and they'll click and feel sloppy. Too tight, and your bike could steer slowly. That might cause a headshake in an extreme case.

Maybe you guys that spend a lot of time on the front wheel would notice a benefit from tapered rollers. But I don't know. I'd think that if you kept your bearings greased (once a year) and properly torqued that they'd last the life of the bike, whatever kind they were.

You can get tapered roller bearings from any K&L dealer. Any local shop should be able to order them.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:37 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

get the all ***** bearings i got my set off ebay--no headshake endos smooth as ice. Use a bearing press to put the sleeves into the frame headset you dont want to bang on those with a hammer.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:58 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by andy342
Ball bearings come stock on many Japanese street bikes. There's nothing wrong with them. It's really easy to set the tension on them. They aren't fussy.

Tapered roller bearings spread out the loads more. But you have to be careful setting the tension on them. Too loose and they'll click and feel sloppy. Too tight, and your bike could steer slowly. That might cause a headshake in an extreme case.

Maybe you guys that spend a lot of time on the front wheel would notice a benefit from tapered rollers. But I don't know. I'd think that if you kept your bearings greased (once a year) and properly torqued that they'd last the life of the bike, whatever kind they were.

You can get tapered roller bearings from any K&L dealer. Any local shop should be able to order them.
this guy knows what hes talking about
Old 06-06-2006, 02:13 PM

Alright i think im going to go with the regular ball bearings but should i get the all ***** or just stick with stock? I cant find anywhere to buy those all ***** though i have searched ebay yahoo google never a site listing them for sale where do i get them
Old 06-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

check this website<--click

you got today off? ima hit up the spot tonight n do some slow stuff then kill the freeway. you down?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:49 PM

Haha nobody gives a **** about your fast *** learning skills. Seriously who nails a trick their first time doing it? Yeah i got today off and you know im down **** its actually nice out today i just got done riding around for a lil bit and no red legs for me ha
Old 06-06-2006, 03:57 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

You can get the "all *****" variety from www.bikebandit.com.

I just ordered mine last night.