another subframe thread, but this ones kinda funny

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
another subframe thread, but this ones kinda funny

I bent the **** outta my sub. Im am totally inlove with my bike, it has taken such a beating this year and it is coming out VERY well. I was gonna bring it up from a dead stop and everything felt good so i let it come to a stop and brought it up. All of a sudden the throttle stuck WIDE OPEN slamming the bike back on the bar so hard it was unbelievable. It ripped my shoe off and flung me off the back off the bike and i landed square on my back and smacked my bucket on the ground. also my foot has a couple gouges that probobly need stitches but i just super glued and butterflied them together. As i look up my bike is skipping down the road boucing off the rev limiter and the bar until finnaly it falls over cuts out and dies. I still dont know how it stuck but im gonna go through the whole throttle system today.

What i wanna know about is tricks to bend your subframe back. itsa 2000 zx6r. Believe it or not the sub didnt break. It bent about 8inches up, now it looks like one of those crazy street fighters from europe. And how can i gauge that its square so the bar doesnt hit crooked?

BTW: after i got the controls working i was rocking slow wheelies and idle!:YEAH

Last edited by Vetter; 06-04-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:22 AM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold
Re: another subframe thread, but this ones kinda funny

do a side skitch then hammer the front brake so it does an endo and flips over...if you do it hard enough, should push your subframe right back down into place.

LOL, no seriously, just scope ebayfor a new subframe... 33 mins left on this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 06-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Re: another subframe thread, but this ones kinda funny

Originally Posted by Street Warrior
do a side skitch then hammer the front brake so it does an endo and flips over...if you do it hard enough, should push your subframe right back down into place.

Good plan! :YEAH