bike sometimes dies randomly

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:23 AM

sciroccosrhot is an unknown quantity at this point
bike sometimes dies randomly

ok sometimes my bike dies randomly it gets sluggish and then when i let off it dies but if i let it sit for about five minutes or so it will start right back up and be fine but sometimes it stalls again and today when i went to leave work it did it and i let it sit for a little bit and it started back up and rode fine but about twenty minutes later it started acting up so i gave it a little choke (if it stalls it will start up immediately when the choke is used but once the choke is turned off it dies) i rode it for like five minutes or so with the choke on and when i turned it off it was fine also i recently replaced the fuel filter cause i thought that could be part of the problem but it started acting up today so im baffled oh yeah the bikes a 91 kawasaki zx-7r thanks for the help
Old 05-30-2006, 12:42 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: bike sometimes dies randomly

Originally Posted by sciroccosrhot
ok sometimes my bike dies randomly it gets sluggish and then when i let off it dies but if i let it sit for about five minutes or so it will start right back up and be fine but sometimes it stalls again and today when i went to leave work it did it and i let it sit for a little bit and it started back up and rode fine but about twenty minutes later it started acting up so i gave it a little choke (if it stalls it will start up immediately when the choke is used but once the choke is turned off it dies) i rode it for like five minutes or so with the choke on and when i turned it off it was fine also i recently replaced the fuel filter cause i thought that could be part of the problem but it started acting up today so im baffled oh yeah the bikes a 91 kawasaki zx-7r thanks for the help
ARE YOU STUNTING A 91 kawasaki zx-7r
Old 05-30-2006, 10:31 AM

sciroccosrhot is an unknown quantity at this point

nah just a daily driver
Old 05-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

change ur plugs and fuel filter, and new air filter, or clean it if its k&n
Old 05-30-2006, 11:52 AM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure gas tank is venting.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:46 PM

hulkmn069 is an unknown quantity at this point

coils may be messed up i'd get them looked at if all the above fails. could also be the cdi (i think that's what it has) or what ever kind of ignition box it has.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM

jcrojas is an unknown quantity at this point

My first guess would be a kinked fuel line. I'm not sure if that bike has a fuel pump or a vacuum operated gravity petc0ck. If it is a vacuum operated petc0ck, make sure that the vacuum line isn't kinked and doesn't have a hole in it.

Check the vent tube on the fuel tank too.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

best fix is get full coverage n park it in a dark mall parking lot