f4i idle adujustment cable came out?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 03:11 AM

jg101 is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i idle adujustment cable came out?

I was turning my idle cable it was not doing anything but then it droped the idle under 1k so know i stall at ever light. then i tryed to turn it up and the cable completly unscrewed and came off. What is the ez way to get it back on or do i have to pull the tank, air box, valves whatever all off to get under there or what? or should i just leave it off and go with the other mod at put the new cable on the top like described in one of the f4i idle adjustment threads? help me out if you can
Old 05-28-2006, 03:16 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: f4i idle adujustment cable came out?

haha.. it has nothing to do with valves... just take off the tank n airbox.. and between the throttle springs there is a little stopper plate. with a stopper screw in one side.. screw that one in the other side.. just dremel or grind off the tip of the screw that isn't threaded
Old 05-28-2006, 04:51 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

put it up top
Old 05-28-2006, 09:43 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

now you HAVE to do the idle cable mod
Old 05-28-2006, 02:10 PM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
now you HAVE to do the idle cable mod
Yes he does
Old 05-28-2006, 02:32 PM

Thats all i wanted to know right on fellas. i dant have to replace the stock one though do I?
Old 05-28-2006, 03:37 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

use the stock one.. just read my first post..

i never moved mine to the other position until lil jewunit did it haha.. i'm gonna go try high idle today.. i wanna bust fast sit down no handers
Old 05-28-2006, 11:46 PM

Reeff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jg101
Thats all i wanted to know right on fellas. i dant have to replace the stock one though do I?

No, you'll have 2
Old 05-29-2006, 03:36 AM

Nice i did that **** it works great i just got to order a new cable because i lost my spring when i unscrewed it. I orderd the 900rr and the f4i idle adjustment cables just to see which is longer so i can get to it better
Old 05-29-2006, 03:49 AM
B.T.M.

you don't need the spring
Old 05-29-2006, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
you don't need the spring
Doesnt the spring kinda hold it in place because i noticed today when i adjust up do a weelie when i stop i would notice the idle would move around a bit????
Old 05-29-2006, 11:55 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jg101
Doesnt the spring kinda hold it in place because i noticed today when i adjust up do a weelie when i stop i would notice the idle would move around a bit????
no spring and you dont need one back in the stock location
Old 05-29-2006, 03:08 PM

But will the spring keep it from adjusting on its own because that is what mine is doing it turns so ez now it adjusts buy itself???
Old 05-29-2006, 04:14 PM
B.T.M.

^ um idles vary a bit when they're high.. i mean it shouldn't be moving more than maybe a 100 or 200 rpm...it's not going to sit perfectly still...i am springless and it works fine
Old 05-29-2006, 04:56 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
^ um idles vary a bit when they're high.. i mean it shouldn't be moving more than maybe a 100 or 200 rpm...it's not going to sit perfectly still...i am springless and it works fine
+1