dropped it,help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice
Re: dropped it,help

Originally Posted by 955iDisastar
POINT WELL TAKEN, DONT TAKE ANY ADVISE FROM STUNTERS ABOUT A MOTOR OIL INDICATOR ISSUE,

yes you should have checked it before you rode it, the guy that said it fine to run the motor dry for a little while is first off an idiot, second off an *** hole. the pump shaft probably broke and the pump is not spinning with the motor.

Yes you just ****ed the motor up. If the oil level doesn't drop when you start the motor the pump is not working.

EVERYBOODY PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU POST UP, YOU JUST MIGHT HAVE COST THIS GUY HIS MOTOR WHEN ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS TAKE THE PAN OFF AND LOOK!!
something is not adding up here. you dont break oil pumps from dropping a bike over. i think something more severe may have happened then was stated
Old 05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
White Stunts

ImWhite is an unknown quantity at this point

honestly guys,all i did was drop it at like 3mph,it was on its side for like 1 min...i turned the bike off,picked it up,started it,the oil light was on,rode it home,it was starting up,sounding fine for like 1hour after that,the next day i started it and let it warm up,went to go down the road,50feet and then it knocked and shut off
imn hoping the shop will get to it 2morrow but who knows,it ****ing sucks
Old 05-29-2006, 01:07 PM

KF_Chris is a decent person

there's a place where people who actually know about motors work on them. I'd take it there if you don't know what you're doing. better safe than sorry.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:01 PM
White Stunts

its there right now
Old 05-29-2006, 02:26 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

Originally Posted by ImWhite
honestly guys,all i did was drop it at like 3mph,it was on its side for like 1 min...i turned the bike off,picked it up,started it,the oil light was on,rode it home,it was starting up,sounding fine for like 1hour after that,the next day i started it and let it warm up,went to go down the road,50feet and then it knocked and shut off
imn hoping the shop will get to it 2morrow but who knows,it ****ing sucks
was it literally on its side for a whole minute? what took so long to pick it up?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:34 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

he was doing a rolling burnout, Maybe spun it that way bouncing off rev limiter? how good are you on maintenance, has the bike been overheated and then kept the same oil in it?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:55 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

oil pump could have seized and broke the shaft during the burnout...or while it was on it's side sucking air. or something could have happened to the oil pickup. if the shaft is broke it was a pump seizure. what exactly caused you to crash and why'd it take so long to shut the bike off? I know I scramble like donovan mcnabb to get my bike shut off and back on two wheels when I crash...I can't imagine leaving it for a whole minute?
Old 05-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

O snap! it ran on its side for a minute? wtfmate theres your problem. I can bet $100 bucks when you crack that engine open that the bearings on the opposite side it was laid down on are spun, sezied, or are way out of clearance spec. Your screwed, time to call up argo of jt motors.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:41 PM
White Stunts

Originally Posted by vettjd01
he was doing a rolling burnout, Maybe spun it that way bouncing off rev limiter? how good are you on maintenance, has the bike been overheated and then kept the same oil in it?
yea,i was acctually getting ready to change the oil this week
and no it hasnt been overheated
nick it was around 1 min till i picked it up?maybe 30-45seconds
i shut it off as soon as it went down though