636 problem- only high RPM's

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:34 AM

Maciek_Spidi is an unknown quantity at this point
636 problem- only high RPM's

Hi

I've got problem with my '03 636.
Everything started when the wires from fuel pomp disconect from connector.
I fixed it and it was OK for few days. Then it came back, I fixed it again(real well this time) and it was good maybe for 2 days.Then starte again...

The wires & conector are OK but something with the bike is still wrong. At low and midle RPMs everything is allright and normal.

Problem starts when I'm riding on very high RPMs(doesn't matter if I'm on one wheel or riding fast on two wheels)- most of the time it fells like the bike is run out of fuel. engine stops and starts quickly(I don't know how to explain it in english... I hope you can understand me) but sometimes it even cuts the engine.

If it cuts the engine totaly there is no way to start it up again whithout turn OFF and then turn ON again the ignition(like I have to do some RESET before starting the engine again)- after that engine starts straight away.

I know it sounds strange but for me it's pretty big problem. I'm loking for the reason from two weeks. I even had one bad crash when doing fast spreader(about50-60MPH)-it cut off the engine, front wheel hit the ground so hard that i flip over the bar(I was very lucky because bike didn't hit me).

Anybody has any idea what it could be?
I took out tip over sensor, connect the wires without connecotrs(100% that now its OK), I checked air filter and airbox, I checked the fuel pomp(I don't know if it's important but I have dented tank) and it was clean.

Don't know what to do...
any advice?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:54 AM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: 636 problem- only high RPM's

three things i would check

Fuel pump (try to borrow one off of a friend to see if it fixes the problem)

Tip over sensor (haven't had any problems from mine, but when you say that you have to reset the ignition for the bike to restart i immidiately think TOS)

Fuel pump RELAY! (this is a likely candidate, i had 2 go bad on my gixxer, try to borrow one from another bike to see if it fixes the problem)

hope that helps!
Old 05-23-2006, 09:01 AM

TimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to beholdTimsKFX400 is a splendid one to behold

maybe a ground wire?
Old 06-01-2006, 05:06 PM

Maciek_Spidi is an unknown quantity at this point

finally solve the problem...

First owner of the bike put an allarm system in it.
I can't tell you why but after a month of my riding on this bike(previous owner was riding normal and never had this problem) this allarm system gone crazy and even if it was OFF something weird was hapennig on high RPM's and sometimes it even shut the bike(esspecialy when riding wheelie).

One guy told me that I should deactivate it casue it can be reason of that whole ****. After checking everything else that I could I finaly cut the wires from allarm od and now everethings seems to be OK again.
I have to ride few days(or weeks) to be sure but after few short rides nothing bad is happening.