Need Cct Help Put It In But Engine Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:55 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light
Need Cct Help Put It In But Engine Stalls

So i buy this F4i needing a cct so i order a APE cct i put it in and directions say to tighten till ticking goes away well i tighten it and ticking gets better but never goes away completley and when i tighten it more it just sounds like the cct puts too much drag on the engine at an ide and the engine just like boggs down and dies when you get it too tight what the fu.ck is this????
Old 05-16-2006, 11:26 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need Cct Help Put It In But Engine Stalls

you should tighten it until you can feel the chain running on the slider that is pushing against the CCT bolt, the motor should run good and not bog, you might go 1/4 turn past that(tighter)

if the ticking is still there it isn't the CCT that was the issue, perhaps getting the valves adjusted would be an option.....or, how close are you when listening to the ticking because my 600RR makes a louder ticking when you are close to the motor, but the ECM ticks and makes you think its in the head!

you can get a lil tool that will let you listen to the motor better and you can pinpoint the ticking source, down to what cylinder and all that, sometimes even to the cam chain or valve or whatever is causing it.

Don't try to put too much pressure against the cam chain though, someone told me you could stretch one!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:39 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
So i buy this F4i needing a cct so i order a APE cct i put it in and directions say to tighten till ticking goes away well i tighten it and ticking gets better but never goes away completley and when i tighten it more it just sounds like the cct puts too much drag on the engine at an ide and the engine just like boggs down and dies when you get it too tight what the fu.ck is this????

yeah man, dont overtighten, if you stretch or snap your cam chain, the motor is pretty much toast. go just like the directions. hand tighten, then give it 1/8 of a turn more with a wrench. if you still hear it after that, its not the cam chain.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:24 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing happened to me with the first one i did. Had it too tight because it was still making noise. Took the cover off and adjusted the slack to 3/8" or whatever it is the directions say. Bike ran fine then. Ended up being valves needed slightly adjusted
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by f4istunna
Same thing happened to me with the first one i did. Had it too tight because it was still making noise. Took the cover off and adjusted the slack to 3/8" or whatever it is the directions say. Bike ran fine then. Ended up being valves needed slightly adjusted
this is my first f4i what cover do i need to take off i'm not tryin to be completly retarded, but i just don't wanna fu.ck anything up could i get you to maybe post up some pics or anybody for that matter

thanks for all the help guys please keep the ideas commin
Old 05-17-2006, 11:04 AM

Anybody??????
Old 05-17-2006, 01:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

uh the cover is gonna be a huge pain in the ***, just tighten it til you feel it touch the chain, then a tad more and call it good.... if its bogging you have it way to ****in tight
Old 05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

^^^ what he said
Old 05-17-2006, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
uh the cover is gonna be a huge pain in the ***, just tighten it til you feel it touch the chain, then a tad more and call it good.... if its bogging you have it way to ****in tight

I agree with the way too tight part, but it never stops ticking
Old 05-17-2006, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO

can you get to the cover with the engine still in the bike?
Old 05-17-2006, 02:26 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

its probably valves.. and no.. gotta drop it... really isny hard to do.. should have it fullt apart in 40-hour... then take off the valve cover... check in there
Old 05-17-2006, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
its probably valves.. and no.. gotta drop it... really isny hard to do.. should have it fullt apart in 40-hour... then take off the valve cover... check in there

Appreciate the help mike now i'm not tryin to sound like a complete mechanical Retard.....But, once i get the cover off, how do i tell just by looking if it is the vaulves if that's where the problem is
Old 05-17-2006, 02:47 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

get a manual and ut'll tell u specs on tightening the valves.. it looks complicated but is easy man
Old 05-17-2006, 03:00 PM

sounds good thanks for all the advice
Old 05-17-2006, 05:59 PM

Stolen_f4_noob is an unknown quantity at this point

god speed.....