oil starvation fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 12:21 AM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point
oil starvation fix

I know that people say sv's are crap but i beg to differ. buells do fine and i think that sv's could be as good as buells. buells being dry sump basically always have oil flowing into the engine unless sitting upside down i suppose. sv's wet sump dont have oil when wheeling because of the placement of the oil pickup. i hear that the front cylinders crap out first, i think that is due to them sitting pointed up when doing a wheelie so the oil "drains" out faster than the rear as the rear is sitting parallel to the ground. if there was an oil pick up that was always in the oil like a buell i believe that the sv's would not have the problem they have. the angle of the cylinders could also be a problem as on buells the cylinders are closer together and it isnt as drastic of difference when the front wheel is in the air as the sv is a 90 degree twin and one cylinders will not be as close to the other in position when the front wheel is in the air and the cyclinders could be "sucking" at different pressures due to there difference in position as apposed to the buell and how there cyclinders are "sucking" at relatively the same pressure because they are closer together. (I dont know if this is true about the angles as it is theoretical) This could possibly be not a problem and the oil pickup be the reason or maybe the angle is what is causing it and making the sv virtually impossible to set up for reliable stunting. but the buells do well so if the sv's had a good pickup wouldnt they? any thoughts?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:36 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oil starvation fix

they'd still be crap, i hear their not as smooth as inline4's.. and why the hell would you want to stunt an sv anyway?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:39 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

The sv is garbage for a stuntbike I have one and I hate it the oil starvation problem is horrible doing slow stuff the oil light comes on in like 5 seconds but other than that is heavy and the hydraulic clutch sukcs. I was gonna trade mine in on a 636 but got hit by a car so that is why I started stunting it. Plus I just hate v-twins it was cool when I was learning fast stuff cause highway **** is gravy on it but for everything else it sucks. It does hold up to a beating though with the 905 cage.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:41 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

i remember you sayin you had just wrecked it wen i met you... it didnt look that bad
Old 05-13-2006, 12:43 AM

crazytexan is an unknown quantity at this point

i was meaning wouldnt a good oil pickup make them as reliable as buells, not hear that they still ****, i already know thats what people think. if it had a good pickup, would it have a reliable motor?
Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 AM

Scott982 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ninja636
i remember you sayin you had just wrecked it wen i met you... it didnt look that bad
No it is pretty gank. I just put a new exhaust on it the stock pipes were all bent and trashed. I am trying to clean it up and sell it cause SV's S U C K.

Anyways the oil problem is real bad at slow speeds but on the streets I have made it 11,000 miles on stock motor I just run a 1/2 quart over and keep wheelies under a mile or so and have not had any major problems yet.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:23 AM

forbidinjustice is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe a LITTLE off-topic, but I'll post on this thread anyway.

I have a K&N oil filter with an anti-drainback on it.. will that necessarily stop oil from flowing completely out of my engine during a wheelie? Just a random question; I don't know much about the feature. Is there any way to stop engine starvation resulting from wheelies?