900rr help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 07:39 PM

tomcourt is an unknown quantity at this point
900rr help!!!!

Alright Guys my cuz just got locked up so for 10months I get his bike!! Which is kinda cool cuz i was about to get me another one b/c i had to sell my 954 back in november.Anyways its a 99 900rr, POS if you ask me(not all 900rr's just his). But the 2 main things that are wrong are as follow:
- when the bike gets warmed up (after about 5-10miles) the clutch starts to slip when I try to clutch wheelie it. and it also revs up then catches when i try to power wheelie in 1st(not that i do it a lot just found that out from messing around).

-secondly the front end wobbles when i get to about 55 and left off the gas and sit up without any hands on the handlebars.

if you guys have any ideas what these problems could be let me know.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Frogger is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 900rr help!!!!

well, it's kind of obvious that your clutch is phucked. Could also caused by a few things, cheapest to expensive:

1. Long shot, but make sure your clutch cable isn't too tight.

2. Shitty oil. If your oil is old/black, change it and the filter. As the engine warms, the oil gets thinner, thus causing slippage. Change oil with Honda HP-4 10W40, I have found this to work well, and it's cheaper than synthetics.

3. If all else fails, then it's time for a clutch job!

As for your wobbles, check your front end, make sure it's straight. Check your tire, make sure the tread is not f'd up, and that it is straight. If that is good, make sure everything is tight up front. While sitting on the bike, grab a handful of front brake and rock the bike back and fourth, if the front end knocks, or feel play in the head, it's time to tighten the steering stem, and / or replacing the bearings inside.

Hope you find this helpful!