F4i Clutch Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 03:13 PM

Gixxsta04 is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i Clutch Problems

My clutch started slipping at 13,000mi so i replaced it with a new one(springs, steel discs, everything). The old one didnt appear to be worn though. New clutch worked fine for a few days. After that it started slipping again. When i pulled it apart the last clutch disc was broken into 3 pieces. I then replaced the disc with a new one. Worked fine for a couple days. Then started slipping again. I havent pulled it apart yet to see if it is broken again. Anybody got any advice for me? Ive tried using different types of oils and none of them seem to make a difference.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:37 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: F4i Clutch Problems

Originally Posted by Gixxsta04
My clutch started slipping at 13,000mi so i replaced it with a new one(springs, steel discs, everything). The old one didnt appear to be worn though. New clutch worked fine for a few days. After that it started slipping again. When i pulled it apart the last clutch disc was broken into 3 pieces. I then replaced the disc with a new one. Worked fine for a couple days. Then started slipping again. I havent pulled it apart yet to see if it is broken again. Anybody got any advice for me? Ive tried using different types of oils and none of them seem to make a difference.
use motul oil
Old 04-30-2006, 04:45 PM

stunterdude is an unknown quantity at this point

did you let the clutches soak in oil for a while before you put them in
Old 05-01-2006, 03:33 AM

Gixxsta04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i let them soak in oil. I dont think that oil would make the clutch slip this bad. Ive used the same oil in all of my other bikes with no problems. Tried mobil 1 and valvoline conventional.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

ok im having this same prob on a r6, what i did is

#1 replace WARPED pressure plate. spin it some how make sure its not warped.
#2 Check clutch basket for PITS where the fiber fingers sits, file the pits down with a hand file or replace.

#3 Check clutch Boss For Pits (Steals Fingers Slide onto this) its the center of your clutch basket, i filed every god damn notch on my cause it was pitted hella bad, or its like a $60 part.. after all this brake it in for a good 300-500miles before clutchin **** up, this will help wear in everything.

#4 Do Not Use Any oil that says (Energy conserving) on the back in the SAE Seal thing circle
-good luck
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure that u have the plates in the right order. 6 are the same and two (the very first plate and the very last ) are different sizes .
Old 05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

Clutch fiche<< Click
Old 05-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
Clutch fiche<< Click

i think he is talking about a clutch in an f4i? i think
Old 05-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Originally Posted by blackness
i think he is talking about a clutch in an f4i? i think
lol whoops yeah ur right.