F4I suspension set up

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 01:41 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person
F4I suspension set up

I just got my f4i to the lot for the first time this week. Compared to my 929, the thing is like ridin a dirt bike. Feels soooo light and narrow.

Anyway, how does everyone set up the suspension for the lot? The thing feels wallowy as hell on one wheel, and really wanders all over the place. I feel the bike really movin around under me, like the shock is bouncin around.

Do i just turn up the shock all the way? I am 165 pounds, about 6 foot.
Old 04-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4I suspension set up

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
I just got my f4i to the lot for the first time this week. Compared to my 929, the thing is like ridin a dirt bike. Feels soooo light and narrow.

Anyway, how does everyone set up the suspension for the lot? The thing feels wallowy as hell on one wheel, and really wanders all over the place. I feel the bike really movin around under me, like the shock is bouncin around.

Do i just turn up the shock all the way? I am 165 pounds, about 6 foot.
I cranked both compression and rebound all the way up in the rear and left the preload alone. It street rides like crap, but is sweet for wheelies. Haven't set up the front end yet.