Fuel injection light

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:40 AM

ybaslo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Fuel injection light

So I'm going to sell my bkie Friday, I go to load it up last night and a red light comes on and a display of F1 or FI appears. I have an 02 GSX-R1000. anyone have any ideas on what this could be. I havent ridden it since October, but have started it about once a month and let it run for a few minutes. It does have the same gas since October as well. Any suggestions?
Old 04-06-2006, 01:05 PM

cheeseuschrist is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fuel injection light

Originally Posted by ybaslo1
So I'm going to sell my bkie Friday, I go to load it up last night and a red light comes on and a display of F1 or FI appears. I have an 02 GSX-R1000. anyone have any ideas on what this could be. I havent ridden it since October, but have started it about once a month and let it run for a few minutes. It does have the same gas since October as well. Any suggestions?

Did you replace the can with a after market one? If so thats your problem. There is a valve inside the pipe with two cables hooked to it, (like a throttle). When you remove the cables from the valve the light comes on. There is a way to disable the light but i'm not sure how to do it, i'm sure any local bike shop knows though.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by cheeseuschrist
Did you replace the can with a after market one? If so thats your problem. There is a valve inside the pipe with two cables hooked to it, (like a throttle). When you remove the cables from the valve the light comes on. There is a way to disable the light but i'm not sure how to do it, i'm sure any local bike shop knows though.
If the can is the muffler, yes, it has a Microm bolt on, but the valve (butterfly part) is still there, and I can here it move (prove out) when I turn the ign on.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

if it never had fi light before u stored it and it had that pipe on it i'd suggest dumpin that bad gas and give it a fresh tank n disconnect the battery n change ur plugs, u prolly knocked n foul'd a plug.
Old 04-06-2006, 01:35 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Jump The Service Connector With A Paper Clip And It Will Tell You The Code. Ex. C22. Get The # And I Can Look It Up And Tell You What Is Wrong.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
Jump The Service Connector With A Paper Clip And It Will Tell You The Code. Ex. C22. Get The # And I Can Look It Up And Tell You What Is Wrong.
-c28

I did have the airbox off this witer when I was cleaning the intake runners. Could I have left something disconnected?
Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ybaslo1
-c28

I did have the airbox off this witer when I was cleaning the intake runners. Could I have left something disconnected?
SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR. CHECK THE CONNECTIONS AND ERASE THE CODE TO SEE IF IT RE-APPEARS. THE ELECTRICAL TEST ARE ABOUT 2 PAGES LONG, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE THAT IT JUST HAS A BAD CONNECTION.
Old 04-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by MR. RYAN SMITH
SECONDARY THROTTLE VALVE ACTUATOR. CHECK THE CONNECTIONS AND ERASE THE CODE TO SEE IF IT RE-APPEARS. THE ELECTRICAL TEST ARE ABOUT 2 PAGES LONG, BUT IT IS POSSIBLE THAT IT JUST HAS A BAD CONNECTION.

Ok, I'll check that tonight. To clear the code I just cycle the key, right? I think it clears every time you shut the ign off.

If it's not a bad connection, would this be something covered by the Suzuki Extended Warranty?
Old 04-07-2006, 08:31 AM

Ok, nothing was disconnected, but I manually opened and closed the upper "Butterflys," retested, and the light no longer comes back on. So, we'll see. I'll let the new owner know just so they don't get blind sided and call me up like WTF mate? Thanks guys