handy help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 AM

f4stunna is a decent person
handy help

i just put on my hand break and bleed it and everything. both brakes work great and lock up the tire no problem.... the issue im having is they arent letting go. like even when im not on the brake, the caliper is closed tight. i can get some speed and put it in nuetral and the tire will lock.

whats the deal?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:01 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: handy help

Originally Posted by f4stunna
i just put on my hand break and bleed it and everything. both brakes work great and lock up the tire no problem.... the issue im having is they arent letting go. like even when im not on the brake, the caliper is closed tight. i can get some speed and put it in nuetral and the tire will lock.

whats the deal?
single caliper system?

maybe you forced too much fluid into the system by using both rear brakes at the same time, and now its permanently pressurized?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:03 PM

Jordo636 is an unknown quantity at this point

that sounds like what it is... maybe you have the lines reversed?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:13 PM

f4stunna is a decent person

it is a single caliper system

i only bleed it by pushing the hand brake lever and didnt touch the foot one

and the lines arent reversed
Old 03-30-2006, 12:42 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

If you open the bleeder, will the caliper release?
Old 03-30-2006, 02:04 PM

o2chingching is an unknown quantity at this point

im almost positive you cant have both hooked to the same caliper, cuz the brake pressure from the hand brake (or foot) will only back up in the other brakes reservoir and cause constant pressure. a low constant pressure. cuz the fluid from the hand (or foot) brake will fill the reservoir of the other. i could be wrong but thats what would happen.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:21 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

^ prodigy shush... majority of ppl run single caliper... it's a known system.. check the caliper ... spray it with brake cleaner.. that valve that pushes the brakes together might just be stuck