hand brake question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 05:41 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about
hand brake question

i know another one right.

i have a 929 master cylinder mounted right now for my front brake, granted i have a 929 front end on my f4i. now i have a brembo master for my handbrake that is spongy as hell. should i switch the 929 to my handbrake and use my spare f4i master for my front brake? any opinion or ideas.also if possible im looking for a zx 7 master if anyone has one for my handbrake.

thanks in advance.
john j
Old 03-29-2006, 05:46 PM

alexcod is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: hand brake question

i had a 929 master cylinder for a handbrake worked really well , but what mm. is your brembo ? that should work better depending on the mm . so far with all the hand brakes i have had the 2005 gsxr 1000/600/750 (radial mount) master cylinder has worked the best (note i have the full throtle systemm to go along with it ), but thing works perfect with one finger lock up!
Old 03-29-2006, 06:49 PM

DUMPstar is an unknown quantity at this point

try rebleeding it. yeah use your 929 master and throw your f4i master on for the front brake its all the same nothin is better or worse its just what you make of it
Old 03-29-2006, 09:19 PM

JTSTUNTS is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like you need to bleed it more, I had to bleed mine w/ a speed bleeder for like 15 mins. I got a gsxr master cyl. and it works good.

www.cincystunters.com
www.hondaoffairfield.co
Old 03-29-2006, 09:22 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DUMPstar
try rebleeding it. yeah use your 929 master and throw your f4i master on for the front brake its all the same nothin is better or worse its just what you make of it
+1

if you dont bleed it right, its gonna feel like sh*t no matter what set up you have on there... i run a rc51 and it works fine.... i think its a rc51.. hahaha
Old 03-31-2006, 04:29 AM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nobikerider
+1

if you dont bleed it right, its gonna feel like sh*t no matter what set up you have on there... i run a rc51 and it works fine.... i think its a rc51.. hahaha
i have the full throttle set up with the brembo master if i remember correctly, i want something that is more responsive with one finger than three.

thanks also i have a pump bleeder and im just bleeding from the valve on my caliper should i aslo break the banjo bolts loose also to bleed to let the air out also. any more advice anyone.
Old 03-31-2006, 05:25 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JOHN J
thanks also i have a pump bleeder and im just bleeding from the valve on my caliper should i aslo break the banjo bolts loose also to bleed to let the air out also. any more advice anyone.
I'm wondering the same thing for a long time now...

My Honda dealer bleeded my handbrake with the bleeder pump, and said you didn't need to crack the banjo's... But I doubtet that, cause Bill from Fullthrottleinc told me I should...

I also wouldn't know which banjo's to crack ? All of them ? only the one on the front master ? Or only the rear master ?

And what's the best way to do it ? Hold the handbrake tight, and then crack it, and only let go of the brake when the banjo is tightened again ?

Plz someone tell me how to do this