F4i Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:44 PM

Gixxsta04 is an unknown quantity at this point
F4i Clutch?

Ive never replaced a clutch b4. What is a good one to buy? Do I need just the plates, or springs too, or the whole kit? As soon as the bike warms up the clutch starts slippin like a **** when its out all the way. Also the gears dont seem to shift as smoothly as b4, especially 2nd. Is this typical behavior for a bad clutch?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:28 AM

Gixxsta04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4i Clutch?

Thanks, I didnt mean to post it in the stunt section.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:02 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

yea when u let the clutch out it should rev skyward if its bad.
just got to ur dealer and get new friction plates maybe springs too but prolly not necessary. pull the right side case cover off. remove the springs and take the friction plates and steel plates off one by one. make sure u soak the new plates in oil overnight before u install them in the bike

i got the manual on pdf if u need it
pm me
Old 03-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by f4ibry
yea when u let the clutch out it should rev skyward if its bad.
just got to ur dealer and get new friction plates maybe springs too but prolly not necessary. pull the right side case cover off. remove the springs and take the friction plates and steel plates off one by one. make sure u soak the new plates in oil overnight before u install them in the bike

i got the manual on pdf if u need it
pm me
What he said. If it is slipping that bad, you most likely need new steel plates a well as the frition discs. Soak the friction discs in motorcycle oil and reinstall the **** the way it came off.