new hand brake msater cylinder info

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:58 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: new hand brake msater cylinder info

Originally Posted by nags
Everything insane j says makes sense to me. I've read it all. But.. with all that being said.

Why do masters like the CBR1000rr clutch master and the zx7r clutch master **** so bad as a handbrake? I had a brand new cbr1k clutch master on mine at first. I bled the sh*t out of it.. No air at all. It worked and all but it definetley didnt compare to any front brake master (radial or not) that I've tried.
Thnx man... most of the people on here don't pay to much attention to what I say...

BUT, a friend of mine is rocking a radial clutch master, like the one above here ( a 15mm aprillia ) and that one is working 100% good. Better then my brembo 16x18

Also another friend of mine uses a normal 14mm Axial clutch master, and also locks up with one finger no problem...

So I can't really give a good explanation for the fact you say those two clutch masters you try'd were sucky, but the 2 clutch masters my friends use work great Maybe the bore of those 2 clutch masters were far wrong ??

I'm not an expert, it's always a fact of trying and learning... But like I said, it's all about the combination of the bore of the master, and the size of the rear caliper...

The brembo 16x18 is actually designed for one caliper, but that doesn't mean that every single caliper is the same... It's designed for a caliper with 2 or 4 pistons in it... And cause I only have 1 piston in the rear (I use a stock F4i rear caliper) my brembo 16x18 is still to big...

You can say what you want, but I will need a smaller HB master, OR a bigger rear caliper to get the same braking power as that I have at the moment with my footbrake...

Or the best set-up would be: A dual-caliper setup, with the brembo 16x18 in combination with a 2 or 4 piston caliper... A friend of mine is working on such a set-up, he allready made the bracket, and will test it soon
Old 09-11-2006, 10:49 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Sounds good.. I saw that Brembo also makes a 16x16, but that one is sick money
Old 09-12-2006, 11:48 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Just scored a brand new brembo for $100
Old 09-12-2006, 11:51 AM

STICKYstunts is a decent person

Just scored a brand new brembo for $100
Ebay *****
Old 09-12-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by STICKYstunts
Ebay *****

Wasn't ebay :YEAH
Old 09-12-2006, 12:02 PM

STICKYstunts is a decent person

Wasn't ebay :YEAH
Well the, hook a brotha up...
Old 09-12-2006, 02:52 PM

and what kind of rear caliper do you have ??
Old 09-12-2006, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Insane J
and what kind of rear caliper do you have ??
Me? Stock 954 caliper
Old 09-12-2006, 05:53 PM

Me? Stock 954 caliper
Please explain, it's not that I know how such a rear caliper looks like 2 pistons ? 1 ? tell me...
Old 09-15-2006, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Insane J
Please explain, it's not that I know how such a rear caliper looks like 2 pistons ? 1 ? tell me...
Basically the same as a stock f4i caliper except it's gold.

My "16x18" master got here today and it's a f*cking 19x18
Old 09-16-2006, 03:48 AM

da Liks is a decent person

return it!
Old 09-16-2006, 01:46 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Insane J]Thnx man... most of the people on here don't pay to much You can say what you want, but I will need a smaller HB master, OR a bigger rear caliper to get the same braking power as that I have at the moment with my footbrake...

you do not need a new caliper or smaller piston hb. if you run a gp tech fitting and it not welded your loosing pressure there. if you dont have steel braided lines all around thats another problem. i have ss lines all round full throttle master and the 16x18 and i cant help to lock the thing up on my f4i. also its not easy to get the air out of a 16x18 i had to dunk mine in a bucket of dot 4 fluid and bleed it out. if it dose not work for you somthig is wrong

Last edited by hyperryder; 09-16-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:18 PM

I have steel lines all over the place, There isn't any air in the system left, and it's not leaking pressure... everything's fine, but i just need a smaller bore HB, or a bigger caliper...

I'm going to try something new soon, I'll post it up if it works...
Old 11-16-2006, 12:31 PM

Hyperryder, plz check this out... scroll down a bit

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho....php?p=2430958

Last edited by Insane J; 11-16-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:19 PM

project-c2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, from what info I recieved from everybody on this fine forum. I too wondered about this. i.e.:What master? what caliper? dual caliper or full throttle? I came up with this set up. 05 GSXR 750 radial master (16mm bore), using a 84" brake line (-3), and running it to a 04 GSXR 1000 rear caliper (2 piston). Works great. I can lock it up no problem, but it's the feel that's the problem. I may flip the clutch lever and HB master soon. I don't have that shitty clutch lever in the pic anymore, got the MSR ProRaptor. My thinking on the HB issue, was stop thinking and go do it. :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Name:  handbrake05750.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  65.3 KB

Name:  customrearbracket.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  73.3 KB

I know it's welded up and it looks shitty, if it starts cracking like everybody says, I'll just breakdown and buy the 905 bracket.:YEAH
Old 11-16-2006, 10:20 PM

BTW, yes I did rotate the clutch lever and HB master down, hurting my wrist.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by project-c2
Okay, from what info I recieved from everybody on this fine forum. I too wondered about this. i.e.:What master? what caliper? dual caliper or full throttle? I came up with this set up. 05 GSXR 750 radial master (16mm bore), using a 84" brake line (-3), and running it to a 04 GSXR 1000 rear caliper (2 piston). Works great. I can lock it up no problem, but it's the feel that's the problem. I may flip the clutch lever and HB master soon. I don't have that shitty clutch lever in the pic anymore, got the MSR ProRaptor. My thinking on the HB issue, was stop thinking and go do it. :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

I know it's welded up and it looks shitty, if it starts cracking like everybody says, I'll just breakdown and buy the 905 bracket.:YEAH
The problem is you probably won't notice it cracking, you'll just one day eat complete ****ing **** when it breaks off and locks up your rear wheel while doing a ss or something.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:47 PM

brucer6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inolen
The problem is you probably won't notice it cracking, you'll just one day eat complete ****ing **** when it breaks off and locks up your rear wheel while doing a ss or something.
+1 **** that fix in now befor it cracks off
Old 11-17-2006, 11:06 PM

905s on order. But the whole MC thing. Anything w/16mm bore.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:14 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i run an 03 r6 master with a 4 piston front caliper off an 03 600rr on the rear of my 636 with an adapter it locks up with one finger and it has anice proportional feel to it