new hand brake msater cylinder info

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:01 AM
Team Johnnie Do

Johnnie Do is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: new hand brake msater cylinder info

Originally Posted by da Liks
how much for the 1000rr john?
Dunno yet, i have to get a brembo first, but if i sell it your the first to know!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

got a Ducati clutch master cylinder from a Duc 748, its real similar to the FullThrottleInc handbrake, which happens to be a clutch master for a Ducati Monster, the main difference is mine has a remote reservoir, making it MUCH easier to mount versus the one sold with the kits, I think mine feels more than strong enough but offers alot of feel when you are using it, super smooth too! HJT(haperoni) can verify this, as the lil bastard was creeping SS acrossed the lot within 5 minutes of being on my damn bike! (Damn Kids and their fast learning curves!) I had a radial master and couldn't get the damn thing to mount up with my Moose easy pull lever, so I traded it for the clutch master, and its better, and its not even a radial master, would be nice to get one of those bleeder banjo bolts for it to completely bleed it out the rest of the way though!

The clutch master I got would go for about $70 from a salvage yard, alot better than $210!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 01:34 AM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

125$ cant wait to try it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWN%3AIT
Old 09-08-2006, 01:37 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT

I emailed that guy earlier and was waiting for him to get back to me

Old 09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

just ride with what u got ******
Old 09-08-2006, 01:42 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Emrock
just ride with what u got ******

What you got?

Old 09-08-2006, 01:42 AM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Originally Posted by nags
What you got?

its doesnt matter what i got ur **** sits more that me not having a bike lol
Old 09-08-2006, 01:43 AM

true story
Old 09-08-2006, 04:46 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
got a Ducati clutch master cylinder from a Duc 748, its real similar to the FullThrottleInc handbrake, which happens to be a clutch master for a Ducati Monster, the main difference is mine has a remote reservoir, making it MUCH easier to mount versus the one sold with the kits, I think mine feels more than strong enough but offers alot of feel when you are using it, super smooth too! HJT(haperoni) can verify this, as the lil bastard was creeping SS acrossed the lot within 5 minutes of being on my damn bike! (Damn Kids and their fast learning curves!) I had a radial master and couldn't get the damn thing to mount up with my Moose easy pull lever, so I traded it for the clutch master, and its better, and its not even a radial master, would be nice to get one of those bleeder banjo bolts for it to completely bleed it out the rest of the way though!

The clutch master I got would go for about $70 from a salvage yard, alot better than $210!!!!!!
I can understand what you're saying bro, how much mm was that ducati clutch master ? The bore ...
Old 09-08-2006, 03:44 PM

I emailed that guy earlier and was waiting for him to get back to me

wat was there to email about, and y wud u have bought it u dont ride....lol it was so cheap i had to hit buy it now
Old 09-08-2006, 03:54 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

nice catch. i was watching that one too
Old 09-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the 16x18 brembo recently.....BEST mod ive done to my bike
Old 09-08-2006, 08:06 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

i might have to try this 16x18 stuff
Old 09-08-2006, 08:10 PM

i shud have it in about a week, hopefully before i come out to cali....ill post back up with pics and let u kno how it works
Old 09-08-2006, 09:44 PM

skidmark is a decent person

just thought I'd add cuz I tried finding this out earlier, but nobody knew so I just went and did it:

I got a ducati 999/749 clutch master. It has a built in reservoir, but you can convert it to remote... you just use the reservoir line fitting from a duc rear mc and cap the top with the big bleeder bolt that is holding on the built in reservoir. It is the same unit as an Aprilia clutch master, but the aprilias already come with remote reservoirs so that would save you the hassle of converting it

So far it's the best MC I could ever have hoped for. I actually had to shorten the lever push pin because it was too good, so now it's a little softer. I can 1 finger lock with no effort, and not nearly at full squeeze, but it's got sooo much feel and modulation. The brake line mounts under the MC like it should too so bleeding is super easy

try it if you can get your hands on one. I wouldn't switch to anything better (16x18, pvm) even if I got it for free
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1546.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	179583  
Old 09-09-2006, 03:50 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

is that the 15mm master ?? A friend of mine has it as well, and works better then mine 16mm brembo...

Or is it a 13mm ? Even better !
Old 09-09-2006, 02:25 PM

I dunno. Here is the best info I can find about it. By "15/18" I'm assuming that is 15x18mm, cus 15/18inches is around 21mm, and that ain't right. 18mm is the bore of the 999 front brake MC (which I also have for my front brakes), so I assuming the clutch is a 15x18mm
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInf...tid=10.8101.10

oh ya, Here is tha aprilia unit. It is the same but w/o the integrated reservoir, so it would be the better one to get. just don't pay retail, obviously
http://www.yoyodyneti.com/ProductInf...tid=10.8101.31

Last edited by skidmark; 09-09-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:17 PM

Everything insane j says makes sense to me. I've read it all. But.. with all that being said.

Why do masters like the CBR1000rr clutch master and the zx7r clutch master **** so bad as a handbrake? I had a brand new cbr1k clutch master on mine at first. I bled the sh*t out of it.. No air at all. It worked and all but it definetley didnt compare to any front brake master (radial or not) that I've tried.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:33 PM

Everything insane j says makes sense to me. I've read it all. But.. with all that being said.

Why do masters like the CBR1000rr clutch master and the zx7r clutch master **** so bad as a handbrake? I had a brand new cbr1k clutch master on mine at first. I bled the sh*t out of it.. No air at all. It worked and all but it definetley didnt compare to any front brake master (radial or not) that I've tried.
because clutch master just allow for easier pull...they're not actually suppose to push pressure like a brake master is
Old 09-09-2006, 03:42 PM

try the 999/749 clutch master... it's awesome! depends where you mount it too... see above where mine is, it's far back giving me more leverage. I see lots of guys mouting the clutch farther out and the hb closer in... that I don't get at all. Get an ez-pull then mount the clutch in and the hb out so you get more leverage on the hb

Quick Reply: new hand brake msater cylinder info