my gixxer been dying on me..

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:42 PM

alecation is an unknown quantity at this point
my gixxer been dying on me..

ok today I started having a problem with my bike turning it off...

I have a 04 gixxer 600

when ever I do a stoppies and the tire hits the ground my bike dies.. and sometimes it chokes when i hit small bumps....

I don't know what it is.. I can still do wheelies just fine so I don't think it has anything to do with tip over sensor...

any sugestions?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:46 PM

hyperryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: my gixxer been dying on me..

Originally Posted by alecation

I have a 04 gixxer 600

when ever I do a stoppies and the tire hits the ground my bike dies.. and sometimes it chokes when i hit small bumps....

I don't know what it is.. I can still do wheelies just fine so I don't think it has anything to do with tip over sensor...

any sugestions?
all i can say is if it dies from a small bump dont wheelie it you dont want it dieing on you in one
Old 03-22-2006, 09:48 PM

shortGSXR1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alecation

I have a 04 gixxer 600

any sugestions?

my sh** does the same thing if i set a stoppie down hard... now i make myself be real smooth. but if you find out what it is, clue my stupid a. s . s. in too
Old 03-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

You have a losse wire somewhere. Check the battery terminals. Sometimes the bolts rattle loose. **** happened to me once and had me guessing for a week. It would cut out on the highway once in a while when it hit bumps.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by NINER
You have a losse wire somewhere. Check the battery terminals. Sometimes the bolts rattle loose. **** happened to me once and had me guessing for a week. It would cut out on the highway once in a while when it hit bumps.
Mine only does it if i go sideways in a stoppie and have to set it down hard. other wise its ok. who knows its a GSXR
Old 03-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by shortGSXR1000
Mine only does it if i go sideways in a stoppie and have to set it down hard. other wise its ok. who knows its a GSXR
Look for lose/ frayed wires.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:24 PM

niner thanks for the advice ill look into that later.. damn will be a pain in the *** to adjust all the wires lol hopefully I can do it on first atempt...
Old 03-22-2006, 10:47 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

check battery terminals, also does it have troble restarting some time? my RR and my buddies gixxer had some issues with fuel pump wires. also if its happening when you come down from stoppies and hit bumps, check how loose your kickstand is and if you have your kickstand switch byspassed....coming down hard or hitting bumps could cause the kickstand to drop low enough to trigger that sensor...........kill switch is a possibility, but should be able to rule it out without having to pull the bike apart(lay it on its sides and try to start)
Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 PM

shermsmoka is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shortGSXR1000
if it only does the dying on hard to side stoppies it may be the tip over sensor also check for loose wires.disable sensor and try it out, it may stop
Old 03-23-2006, 03:58 AM

stuntnda929 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah mine did it to but it was the main relay under the seat i had to fixs the wire
Old 03-23-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by shermsmoka
if it only does the dying on hard to side stoppies it may be the tip over sensor also check for loose wires.disable sensor and try it out, it may stop

haha no that i think of it.. since i disable the tip over sensor it hasn't done it... good call
Old 03-23-2006, 01:09 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

its your kickstand sensor... the spring on your kickstand is prolly weak and letting the kickstand fall a little when you come down from stoppies or hit bumps, which will kill your ignition cause the ecu thinks your kickstand is down

either cut the wires that go to the kickstand sensor and wire them together or get a stiffer spring.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:07 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by john LegionST
its your kickstand sensor... the spring on your kickstand is prolly weak and letting the kickstand fall a little when you come down from stoppies or hit bumps, which will kill your ignition cause the ecu thinks your kickstand is down

either cut the wires that go to the kickstand sensor and wire them together or get a stiffer spring.
+1 on GSXR's that happens alot
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 PM

Ok I kinda fixed mine thanks guys... was one of the wires coming from the batery.....