top tripple help...for db bars ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 04:55 AM

Cesario is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: top tripple help...for db bars ???

Originally Posted by Tony_HID
im going gangster and saving the cash for now tag top clamp risers 45 bucks
but with upper triples like the 954 or in my case the 05 600RR how could you get the risers to work with the triple not being flat like on other bikes? anyone got pics or ideas?
Old 03-21-2006, 07:11 PM

The Jeweler is an unknown quantity at this point

freestyle ingenuity makes risers that bolt on to your stock triple still around 120$ or something and if you order them now maybe you can get them by next summer. If your serious about the dirt bars there is only one way to go properly, call Bill @ Fullthrottle and tell him you need a triple for dirt bars 7/8 or 1-1/8 fat bars, just look how mint they look on my 954 on the previous page:YEAH
Old 03-22-2006, 03:18 PM

yea they look real nice man. what'd it run ya? i got some 7/8 gold tags already, i figure with the gold forks it'll give it a spiffy look. but even 120 sounds like a lot for risers, if the triple was like double that i'd try and save for it.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:35 PM

The Jeweler is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe Bill charges around 350$ for a triple it is well worth the money, if i were you i would save up, rather than settle for those cheese risers. LSL is another company that is out there but not a big fan of them either, almost same price as Bill's and nowhere close to quality. The LSL only has one bolt per fork and it looks kind of flimsy, i had the LSL on my 900rr worked okay. I like high quality and you get what you pay for... Fullthrottle all the way
Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 PM

929_uR is a decent person

Originally Posted by Cesario
but with upper triples like the 954 or in my case the 05 600RR how could you get the risers to work with the triple not being flat like on other bikes? anyone got pics or ideas?
i have pics..but im really lazy and havent resized em yet. i tried to post em yesterday but theyre too big. mbe i'll do it tonite.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:46 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea they look real nice man. what'd it run ya? i got some 7/8 gold tags already, i figure with the gold forks it'll give it a spiffy look. but even 120 sounds like a lot for risers, if the triple was like double that i'd try and save for it.
the fullthrottle setup is very nice, and mounts your bars directly above the fork tubes......the LSL kit mounts them closer to the tank.....SOOOO if you decide you want a top mount damper, like a hyperpro, you definately WILL NOT have room for it. Just a suggestion, but save your money for the fullthrottle setup and you might check with him and see how far forward your bars can be mounted....leaving extra room for a hyperpro or ohlins or somin. With my bars directly above the forks, my DB bars BARELY tap the mount on my damper on the right side at full lock.

7/8" bars may not look quite as trick to some, BUT.....in the Applied Racing arsenal there is a yamaha peewee bend, I think....has less rise, less pull-back, and a smaller width too. Would make some sweet DB bars for that set-up!!!!!(I cut 1" to 1-1/2" off each side of my 1-1/8" bars)
Old 03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
bummer.....would have loved a speedo like that, don't have one at all on my bike right now, and when rollin by cops I usually try to pace cars until he turns his lights on or not!!!
you dont ride streets no mo eazy
Old 03-22-2006, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
you dont ride streets no mo eazy
sucka please......I was out rockin highways and trying to get ahold of YOU......and all I got was ......."I'm going back home, my vagina hurts from my point pow pow power whoolies.......kelm spreaders for life"
Old 03-23-2006, 12:55 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

jowalskiMO is an unknown quantity at this point

k little girl, looky here. how many times have i called you up and gotten "oh well i'm gonna be riding up around here at the airport and blahblahblah scared scared KCMO wont ammend tickets no mo whaaa whaaa whaaaa . tell ya what, i'll purchase you a speedo for a bicycle that you can mount on your tank if you promise to not ***** out errr time we go rock the streets.. k bye
Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 AM

you guys, haha.
hey well back on subject, if anyone has pics post 'em up. i really really appreciate the look of a clean *** street-fighter, and that's ultimately what i'm going for. shitty thing is after the 350 for the triple i'm gonna need to throw in another 300-350 for the damper. i'll probably give him a call after my next paycheck.

again bump for some pics!
Old 03-23-2006, 12:03 PM

you guys, haha.
hey well back on subject, if anyone has pics post 'em up. i really really appreciate the look of a clean *** street-fighter, and that's ultimately what i'm going for. shitty thing is after the 350 for the triple i'm gonna need to throw in another 300-350 for the damper. i'll probably give him a call after my next paycheck.

again bump for some pics!
im all about streetfighters too..mines gonna be nasty.
<check my site out if ya get a chance and post up*cough customfighters.com

heres the tripple
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tree1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	167347   Click image for larger version

Name:	tree2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	167348   Click image for larger version

Name:	tree3.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	167349  
Old 03-23-2006, 12:12 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by 929_uR
im all about streetfighters too..mines gonna be nasty.
<check my site out if ya get a chance and post up*cough customfighters.com

heres the tripple
That doesnt look too strong like that, but it looks like theres no chance in getting some washers on the bottom to spread the load. Those look like M8 socket caps the surface area under the heads is next to nothing, I can see those ripping through very easily. At the very least Id weld the risers to the tripple

Did someone say clean *** street fighters

Old 03-23-2006, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by jowalskiMO
k little girl, looky here. how many times have i called you up and gotten "oh well i'm gonna be riding up around here at the airport and blahblahblah scared scared KCMO wont ammend tickets no mo whaaa whaaa whaaaa . tell ya what, i'll purchase you a speedo for a bicycle that you can mount on your tank if you promise to not ***** out errr time we go rock the streets.. k bye
anyone else hear "boo hoo hoo....I got sand in my vagina???"

Well, cappin dipshyt, weav gets his forks back today, and I'm fixin to make some whoolies on saturday and maybe even sunday!!!!!! Make some calls, but leave Hap at home!!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
That doesnt look too strong like that, but it looks like theres no chance in getting some washers on the bottom to spread the load. Those look like M8 socket caps the surface area under the heads is next to nothing, I can see those ripping through very easily. At the very least Id weld the risers to the tripple

Did someone say clean *** street fighters

im not sure if its a streetfighter...but it is VERY NICE and is clean! Id hit it!

yah i was thinking about welding the setup but its held very well for me, one of my heavier friends has the same setup, his comes loose sometimes...not sure why. but its gay.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:25 PM

man that titanium 1000rr on customfighters.com looked sick. i'd love for my bike to look like that, maybe get a slightly stealthier headlight though
Old 03-26-2006, 04:28 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Fullthrottle Makes the sick setup
Old 03-26-2006, 10:15 PM

man that titanium 1000rr on customfighters.com looked sick. i'd love for my bike to look like that, maybe get a slightly stealthier headlight though
hell yah. that thing is nasty. thats a headlight from another model honda that just bolts right up he said. I think im ordering one for my bike. get the cleaner look.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:44 AM

man my brain just started turnin more and i got to some thinking and did some research. looks like the 05 honda 599's have the same size forks as the 05's so their upper triple could theoretically bolt up to my 600RR, and it's only 102 dollars for all the parts i need, a lot better than 350, but probably not as good looking but whatever, it's cheaper. AND if i look around i think i might just get that whole 919 stay/headlight setup, i like how it looks and plus i could run the gauge. once i have enough extra cash i'll get all the chome and silver stuff powdercoated and get some custom light setup and be lookin' good.

i'm really gonna get into this, i could tell now. i really want my bike fightered out, but clean, that'll be my goal. i know, a 'clean' stunt bike, but i won't be going to crazy on it, and hopefully i'll have some cash soon to have a full on beater bike
Old 03-27-2006, 08:13 AM

PETe P is a decent person

make friends with a machinist. who can make you a set.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dr.Spot
make friends with a machinist. who can make you a set.
that is my current goal in life.

Quick Reply: top tripple help...for db bars ???