929 Stock fairings or Fiberglass kit from ebay. HELPP

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Regular StuntLifer

Leavell119 is an unknown quantity at this point
929 Stock fairings or Fiberglass kit from ebay. HELPP

I was just wondering if anyone has heard or has a set of fairings off ebay for 929. There is a set on there for $450 but its a complete fiberglass kit made by some company Ive never heard of. Seems like a pretty good deal but I figured it probably fits like **** or breaks reaalllll easy. Lemme know if you know anything about it. Check link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...17200727QQrdZ1
Old 03-09-2006, 11:34 AM

MR. RYAN SMITH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 929 Stock fairings or Fiberglass kit from ebay. HELPP

Fiberglass Sucks
Old 03-09-2006, 11:49 AM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 954, with a hot bodies race upper only. I like not having lowers easier to get to **** and remove my cage if I have to.

To all his own though. ....Yes Fiberglass sucks but for a stunter on a budget it does the job
Old 03-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Regular StuntLifer

well my bike is gonna be a streetbike still.. what i mean by that is, I will be using it on the street and not just in parking lots. ive got a cage n **** so the plastics will never take a direct blow unless i flip a stoppie or something. Will the fiberglass hold up enough or will i be un-happy.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ride the streets w/ my single driving lamp. As for durabilty, most fiberglass is thinner then oem plastics. So to answer your question, it may not be what you expect. I've ran both sharkskinz and hotbodies...both are so close and hard to tell.

Now if you want something durable, I did do my sharkskinz upper in rhino liner. It was durable but ****n heavy. I tride to repair the fiberglass but didn't hold under the liner so that is why I'm doing the hotbodies now.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:40 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

hell no!! I just got robbed on ebay for some "aftermarket" plastics. The ****er made them himself with fiberglass and they were horribly weak!!! Im only going to buy used OEM plastics now.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Regular StuntLifer

yea but this says it was made by a company and lists the name of them... I dunno illprobably buy them cuz u cant beat the price. I dont need a perfect looking bike ne way,... I Can actually ride lol
Old 03-09-2006, 04:02 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Leavell119
yea but this says it was made by a company and lists the name of them... I dunno illprobably buy them cuz u cant beat the price. I dont need a perfect looking bike ne way,... I Can actually ride lol
i would, at the least, shoot them an email and ask them if its strong compared to OEM. If they are weak then they will break sooner then later, (especially if you stunt) then your back searching for fairings. I wouldnt trust no one. You wouldnt want the fiberglass fairings i got!! Just make sure. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:06 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

LivingCanvas is an unknown quantity at this point

I had sharkskinz on my 929 and they held up very well.......they usually just bend where OEM stuff would crack. I liked them.......but i wouldnt go with some shady ebay company
Old 03-09-2006, 04:22 PM

Jeremy Dutch is an unknown quantity at this point

i have carbon/kevlar fearings.. holds good real flexibel..
Old 03-10-2006, 08:56 AM

f4istunna is an unknown quantity at this point

tried a fiberglass upper on my buddies f4i cracked just trying to put it on, not sure who made it but it was weak and didnt fit very good at all
Old 03-10-2006, 11:41 AM
Regular StuntLifer

well what do you think of the link i provided for that ebay ad.. Im sure its cheaply made but its not made by someone in their garage either. Like i said before. i just need it to look decent lol I DONT want it to crack when i go to put it on tho lol. Someone PMed me yesterday with a local shop that sells used parts n he thinks they will have some skins so I may just go that route ne way... thanx for all the replys
Old 03-10-2006, 12:33 PM

cbrman77 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's that pitek company in south florida. They started doing undertails and huggers.

Good luck getting a legible response out of them if you email em, that is unless you speak spanish and write your email to them in spanish. (My responses back had a note about some translator software being used to translate my email to spanish.)

I purchased one of their undertails off ebay for my 929 cause the light was busted on my eurobikes undertail and a replacement light cost as much as this undertail.

While the fiberglass is decent ie not too flimsy or brittle, their measurements were off. The undertail was about 1/4" too narrow so it would fall out of the bottom of my tail section. It also mounted about 1/2-1" too deep into the tail section. I took it off and put my eurobikes back on.

Also, the undertail they had in the auction was not the one they sent to me. when I emailed them they asked me to send them a picture of what I received so they could compare it. I sent them the picture and they asked why I sent them a picture.

They definately don't have their stuff together down there. The paint finish was pretty good. If you get a whole kit it should probably match up together, however I have used fiberglass replacement uppers with stock lowers on friends bikes and they never match up at all. Honestly, I started collecting spares off ebay. I currently have the bodykit on my bike, one additional complete kit, and half of a third kit. Now if I would just get off my **** and paint em I would be good.

I can take a few pics of the undertail I got and show you if you like. I can also put it into one of my spare tail sections so you can get an idea of their idea of fitment.

Steven
Old 03-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Regular StuntLifer

hell yea that would be great. Great reply bro. I figured thats exactly how it would be. Decent quality.. Shitty fitting
Old 03-11-2006, 04:32 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a full set of 929 stunt fairings for sale.

330 shipped.

they jjust need the glue residue taken off from having them camoed

2 uppers
2 tails
both bottoms
tank dented
right mid
windsheild
ram air covers

robby
720-490-7237
Old 03-11-2006, 05:18 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Piteck is local down here. Friend has them on his gixxer and they seem real nice