Front Suspension alignment?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:50 PM

stizzarr19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front Suspension alignment?!?!?

ok, i am trying to figure out why my front suspension wants to slightly pull to the left?? I went down at about 70mph on the right side only....the right clip on slightly touched the tank and the steering stop on the lower triple clamp is slightly bent forward from the impact... the only thing is that the forks seem very straight(Thank God), and i just pulled the lower clamp and other than the steering stop the whole thing seemd very staright as well.. so i am about to put everything back together for the second time...I have the front of the bike suspended and am wondering what the best way to align everything is??
Old 03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Front Suspension alignment?!?!?

most the time looseing the lower and upper clamps will do the job. i dunno about the whole "pulling to the left" deal is but ur tripple prolly is bent and it makes ur bars feel tweeked when ur steering straight..
Old 03-01-2006, 09:32 PM

955iDisastar is an unknown quantity at this point

check your axle and wheel bearings. roll it on a flat surface
Old 03-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Old school trick...

In a parking lot or what ever put down a clean piece of paper, cardboard, whatever. Then driver over it at like 25 MPH or so....

Look at the tracks on the paper, cardboard, or whatever you put down, to see if it's tracking straight.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stizzarr19
ok, i am trying to figure out why my front suspension wants to slightly pull to the left?? I went down at about 70mph on the right side only....the right clip on slightly touched the tank and the steering stop on the lower triple clamp is slightly bent forward from the impact... the only thing is that the forks seem very straight(Thank God), and i just pulled the lower clamp and other than the steering stop the whole thing seemd very staright as well.. so i am about to put everything back together for the second time...I have the front of the bike suspended and am wondering what the best way to align everything is??

When you went down did it hit something or just slide to a stop?
Old 03-03-2006, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Schwartz
When you went down did it hit something or just slide to a stop?
I'm pretty sure it slid to a stop... I know it was kinda close to the wall when i ran to it, but I don't think it hit it.

I just loosened and disassembled the forks, wheel, triple clamps and all that.. then I put it back together and it still had the problem but not as much ....so something has to be bent...but i haven't checked the axle yet so i still have to do that... thanks guys
Old 03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

messure your tripple with a dial caliper... messure each side from lower clamp to upper clamp if u need one pm me i think i can get one for you cheap
Old 03-06-2006, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
messure your tripple with a dial caliper... messure each side from lower clamp to upper clamp if u need one pm me i think i can get one for you cheap
I measured with a tape and seemed pretty even...but i don't have a dial caliper and i know those are more accurate....how much could i find one for?? I still haven't checked my axle and wheel barrings though, but everything is pointing towards a bent lower triple i think..

How is Arizona for stuntin? I am moving down there next year and can't wait!!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Scrapes Elbow

****in awesome weather right now and has been for ever lol (no rain for like 130 days).. bring ur sun block though!